AUSTRALIAN JINGLE BELLS - Colin Buchanan

WHITE CHRISTMAS - Michael Bublé & Bing Crosby

REMEMBERING JEANNE ...

CHRISTMAS WITHOUT YOU - Paul Eisan

THE BLANKET ROOM

NOVEMBER 2022 SQUARES LIST

2022 SQUARES LISTS

DECEMBER THEME - BITS & PIECESRIGHT HERE

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• When I was at High School my friends and I joined the lunchtime Maths Club, mainly so we didn't have to go outside in the cold. I can't remember what else we did but at Christmastime we would construct these little tree ornaments by folding and gluing thin card geometric shapes and this icosahedron star has survived the 50+ years since my schooldays. I hope lovely Mr Young, the teacher in charge, would have been suitably impressed!

10914936259?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Well made and well cared for Patricia! I had to look up how many sides there were…. you can tell I didn’t go to a maths club!

• I confess I had to check with Mr Google to make sure I'd remembered the correct terminology!

• Patricia, this is a very pretty Christmas star!  I love your memory ... joining maths club to keep warm ... hahaha

Is this what we would call origami?  One of my grandsons used to love doing different folds to create animals and different shapes.  I still have some of his creations at the cottage, although they're a bit squished-looking now (he turned 25 this year ).  Where does the time go?

Thank you for sharing a peek at your tree.  I'm looking at your silver beads and realize they're like some I have but mine are red.  I didn’t add them this year but now I'm wishing I had ...,xo

• I don't think glue would be allowed in origami. We had to make the icosahedron base and then make the 20 individual little tetrahedrons and stick them all on.

• And I thought origami was complicated ... this method sounds w-a-y over my head.

I believe you're right about the glue, as the kids never used any in their creations ... xo 

• Wehey this is unusual.   You must have good patience + box this up well year after year ✔️

• Thank you Gloria, a wonderful snippets!  Thought everyone would like to listen to this... I love it.  Happy Christmas to all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAcbSvhTLHk

• Diane, I just watched/listened to this ... twice :) ... and I love it!  A very beautiful rendition of a very beautiful song.  I love that velvet voice, the backup choir, the colours and all those smiling faces.  Simply amazing! Thank you very much for sharing it here ... xo

• Fabulous Snippets thank you Gloria. I’m like so many of our contributors I get a lump in my throat every time I read Anne’s poem. I was hoping that you would include it again this year. 

This reply was deleted.