Read Ronda's report all about  the latest KAS distribution

Full Report here

SHOP NOW

YOU CAN ALSO FIND US ON

FACEBOOK

It's not too late to join our

APRIL 2016 theme

COUNT ME IN !

This month, Christine (UK) , at very short notice has stepped in to host the theme. Thank you Christine for stepping into the breach.

This theme is about fun…fun for the children, fun for you who are making the squares, and very much about counting

If you haven't already joined the fun, please do!  Here is a small sample of what has already been created for this month's theme ...

There's more ... much more ... [here]

SORTED IN SOUTH AFRICA

We were very lucky and had some new volunteers to help Ronda in South Africa

A very big welcome to them all.

Click [here] to read Ronda's update .......

THE MARCH SQUARES LIST IS AVAILABLE

Please visit the website: www.knit-a-square.com. click on: "Received Squares"

More and more parcels are coming through, in March 461 parcels were received, which is 183 parcels more than in February! Wendy from the SA team wrote: The best month so far this year!

The parcels contained: 25.099 (717 blankets) squares, 1522 hats, 778 pairs of handwarmers and 381 toys and many other goodies!

A big thank you to all contributors and the SA Team!

THE BLANKET ROOM COLLECTION

Christine continues to keep us updated on new arrivals in

the Blanket Room

MAY PATTERN OF THE MONTH

Six Stitch Rib Square - Knit Pattern by Helen Flagg (USA)

As well as making squares which are thicker and warmer , ribbed squares have almost no curl around the edges, which makes them great sturdy edge squares  on a blankets.

Blue square created in July 2010 by Helen Flagg (USA)

All rib patterns tend to look narrower until lightly stretched, so you need to measure the stretched work before casting off as the length will be affected.

This is a lovely pattern and is very useful for using up oddments of yarn as it is very forgiving of colour change and joins.

Variegated squares by Christine Johnson (UK)

The Six Stitch Rib crochet pattern is

available in

The KAS Pattern Book where other patterns are available, so feel free to try as many as possible.

KNIT-A-SQUARE DELIVERS!

The Van has reached the Office !  

Thanks to everyone who participated, the Van reached its destination on March 28.

The van 'delivered  ' 769 blankets worth of squares from our drive to the office......they are or will be ready to be distributed to 'our' children very soon. Let's get those beautiful, warm, blankets to their final destination by visiting the KAS Shop and purchasing some fuel .

Because we have reached the Office, the  discussion is now closed....but please keep on making squares, there are more children in need of warm blankets.

Remember:  We are no longer recording our sent items in a tally.  Our items will be noted in The Squares List when our parcels arrive.

WRITTEN BY SUE GILLMAN

THE SQUARE HEART AWARD

FOR APRIL 2016

is awarded to

Susanne Leverton and her Mum Col

from South Australia

FEBRUARY 2014 CHALLENGE - Happy Valentine's DayThank you Anne Powell for the square heart.

Susanne joined KAS in September 2014  From the very early days of receiving info about PJ's and learning about joining yarn, by March Susanne was making grannies. Susanne and her mother are wonderful knitters and they have sent vests, toys, squares, blankets, cuddles, hand-warmers, beanies and also Tshirts  undies and socks. Susanne's sister Sandra also joined us in April 2015

Rainbow Babiesi

Learn more and enjoy the photos of their bright colourful gifts

Ronda has provided us with an update on the search for new premises. Let us all hope that their search is successful.

Full Report here

Whilst Ronda is always extremely thankful for our donations. Please could we remind members not to enclose cash of any denomination. This could lead to temptation if the parcel handlers became aware that money might be tucked inside.  Recently some $ and £ notes were sent !

Fortunately, over the years we have experienced very few 'lost' parcels because they contain squares and further work is required in order to give them a commercial/ resale value !

Please check our Writer's Guidelines to find out how you can become a Guest Writer in our monthly newsletter.  We would love to hear from you!

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you very much for such an informative issue of Snippets, Sharon. I appreciate the links to more information being given so you don't need to include all the info here and make this report too long to read or skim through.  There are several links I intend to go look at.  Thanks again!

love,

Jeanne

• As ever, very informative and inspiring. I was delighted to see in the Square Lists that 3 parcels I had sent on behalf of Earlston Wednesday Club had arrived, as i sent them surface mail and was told it would take 2 months to get to South Africa! With postage costing so much, if is reassuring and motivational to be kept informed that the parcels have reached you. I appreciate this personal aspect very much - plus I like seeing the wonderful world wide contributors to KAS.
  • Thanks for a great Snippets, Sharon. A lovely read!

• re the square Heart award well done you. but really  you all deserve one , from the Knitters, the sewers and all the other people who help along the way without you it would all colapse

• Thank you all for your words of encouragement, I have always read the snippets ,but never realised how much work it was to put it altogether.
  • Well done. You've done a really good job here, Sharon. It' chatty and provides important information.

• Thanks for putting all this information in one place.  Great summary for the month.

• Great issue Sharon !  It is always enjoyable to catch up on the Knit-a-Square news.

• Thank you Sharon, a jam packed newsletter.

• Sharon, thank you for a great edition of Snippets, you have done so well, not an easy task!

This reply was deleted.