KAS-KRISTMAS IS HERE!

You are invited to our “Christmas Party” right here on the Forum.

It’s a time to gather, share thoughts with our KASfriends, and have some fun.

We hope some of you who like rhyming might pen a poem (or feel free to add one you have read and loved).

Share your favourite Christmas joke or cartoon,

or your favourite recipe ,

your favourite family tradition,

a photo of your Christmas tree or your pet in holiday garb,

your Christmas wish,

your secret for surviving this very busy season,

… anything that tickles your fancy, to get us all in the holiday mood.

This is a ‘feel good’ discussion – our Christmas gift to one another. So grab a cuppa, 

put on your thinking cap (Christmassy of course!)

and join in our celebration of KAS, one another, and this joyous season.

Views: 4447

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Like Glo, this always tugs at my heart too! It isn't an old chestnut Anne, but a KAS Christmas gem that needs to be shared with us all every Christmas. xo

I wanted to read this out at our Fellowship Evening but I couldn't read it without crying! Xx
Thank you for posting this poem. I am saving it to put up with my special KAS photos on the wall at the foot of my bed. I look at them while knitting and as inspirational reminders that, one by one, we can make a real difference in this world! :)

Thank you, Anne for sharing this again. It always makes me cry.....such a beautiful message of love and caring and a feeling of pride that we can and are making a difference in the lives of 'our' children, one square at a time.  :))

So moving, Anne. Unfortunately the situation hasn't changed much and the poem is just as pertinent.

This one gives me goose bumps.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE

Oh Anneke, me too!!!!  Thank you for this!  Wouldn't it be nice to have been having lunch there that day ... or on another day when this just 'pops up' ... :))))  

Is there any indication of which mall that was?  It could be just about anywhere, but it does resemble one of several we have here in NS.  Perhaps that's just wishful thinking :) xo

Beautiful isn't it Glo? I don't know which mall it is.....but at least there is a flashmob! xo

Well, then ... we can all pretend that it's a mall in our own neighborhood and hope that some day we may be having lunch when a flashmob like this appears ... tee hee hee ... xo

Sorry Glo, my English is not that good, I meant to say that at least there is someone who recorded it! The video has been watched for over 50 million times! And there are so many touching comments!

Glo and Anneke, it's the Seaway Mall in Welland, Ont.  I figured it was Canada with the Lotto Centre and OLG, and then saw seawaymall.com on a column.  Looked it up and its Food Court; Peoples and Bentley's are sometimes seen in the video and they are still tenants today. 

A-HA!  Thank you Mili :)  I have a brother living in Dunnville ... just about a half an hour from Welland!  It's so nice to watch, and to think that it could actually take place anywhere ... xo

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2020

SHOP

WRAP 4 CHILDREN IN BLANKETS

This item will allow Knit-a-Square to pay our wonderful co-team workers – the Gogos (grandmothers) – to sew the squares received from across the globe into blankets for the children. $5 US will pay for 4 blankets to be stitched together.

THE KAS SHOP

SQUARES LIST

The March 2021 Squares List will be delayed. Our sincere apologies. Please visit the

2021 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2021 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2021

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

APRIL

Colour Of

the Month

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2021   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service