Hello all - What do you think about linking together while we are all separated by covid-19?  

How about a KAS KAL?

What is a KAS KAL?  You ask....... Well........  KAL stands for Knit Along.  It is a time when we are all working in a similar piece of knitting and can ask each other for help, share photos of how we are doing, encourage each other........ and learn how to do some of the KAS patterns as well as using up some of our stash.

I have designed a blanket that we can all work on, one square at a time.  It will be a fun way to learn about Plain Janes, Diagonal Squares, Stripes, Framed Squares and Mitre Squares......all at our own pace, and all explained really simply, with lots of opportunity for anyone to ask for help or clarification as well.

I propose that we start this on May Day and we end it..... when we finish!  

This is suitable for all of us.  That means that some of us, who are

experienced or confident knitters may be able to get through it. 

relatively quickly.  Others who are working from home, juggling

work and kids, or just not very experienced or not very confident

about knitting may want to take a little longer to work through it.    

I hope some of you will feel able to join in - keep your eyes peeled for further information before we start!

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I looked at my pile of squares yesterday and thought I really must get them sewn together and sent off.  I seem to have so much knitting to get done at the moment.......

• 8009426669?profile=RESIZE_710xFanfare please........I eventually got round to finishing this blanket.   I'm delighted with the results and thoroughly enjoyed applying myself to some squares I've never done for KAS before.   Thank you for the inspiration!

• This deserves more than a fanfare it’s gorgeous!  Hope you gave yourself a very big pat on the back. 

• Karen, it is gorgeous!  Very well done indeed!

I am still trying to get time and energy (especially energy) to sew mine up.

• Oh, Karen, It is a Beauty!   Love your bright colors and variegated yarns.   Wonderful.

• Karen, this is a beauty....a real work of art.

• Hi there - I thought I would just check in and see how the joining up is going for this sending a complete blanket rather than the 35 squares to South Africa.......

I am slogging away at learning how to do a zig-zag crochet to try to join mine together.  I am a slow student - lol

• I misunderstood the instructions at the beginning and hadn't realized that we were to sew up and send completed blankets, and I ended up knitting my squares out of a variety of yarns that just don't go together (different weights)

• Sadie - there is no need to sew the blanket up.  I have been talking about making a single blanket, but there is no reason why you would not just send the Squares instead.  

It would be lovely to see them all in a photo if you have not yet sent them.

• Sorry Rebecca I have finished the knitting of my blanket, but as yet, I've not had opportunity to start putting it all together.   My alphabet and number work has taken priority.   I'm going to sew the squares together then ask a friend to crochet a border for me to finish it off fully.

This reply was deleted.