The Knit-a-square program has inspired volunteers in more than 60 countries to knit and crochet more than 1.5 million blanket squares, hats, hand-warmers and toys. Your efforts are helping to keep the children warm but to keep this operation running every day, we need to extend your love and support.

Your donations are the backbone of financial support for the operations on the ground in South Africa, making it possible for them to continue.

Whether it's helping to pay the rent, a stipend for the gogos to sew blankets, fuel for the KasVan or to cover postal charges of $3.75 US per parcel, you make it possible to keep striving toward warming and comforting the children.

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with.

You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help.

Views: 1757

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for the update, Andrea. Was sorry to hear that we were at a loss last month....I have just popped into the shop.

I imagine things may become a little busier soon in the KAS Barn, with more countries now being able to resume posting, here's hoping our funding can support that. 

Andrea it isn't clear how much is the loss?

ah found the chart is it about $500 ? can we all try and clear this? When the posts start arriving the postal fees will mount up.

The financials have been updated above.

Ronda was without a laptop for some time so the September report was delayed. Things should hopefully be coming back on track.

For those interested, September's loss was approximately $712 US.

Here is the expenses breakdown for September:

Here are the KasShop reports for September and October.

September's total was $185 but we were lucky enough to receive a larger donation in October (THANK YOU, DONOR!) so the total raised was $705.87.

Ronda had to purchase a new laptop so the Office Expenses went up slightly. Outreach and Volunteer Expenses are still negligible so that blue line is nicely above the red.

From Ronda: "…it took AGES for this new computer to get up and running and we are still ironing out small blips in the system !!

Things are not simple these days – sigh.

But it’s very fast and that makes working on it a pleasure."

Here is the expenses breakdown for October:

Here is the KasShop report for November.

Our total was down quite a bit at $175.69. It's a really tough time of year and who knows if it will get better anytime soon but let's pull together, if you're able! Every little bit helps.

Andrea, I was going to make some purchases in the KAS Shop.  However, at the top of the KAS home page I am seeing a message that says "Not secure."  When I tried to open the October squares PDF, I received a message that said, "This site has been reported unsafe.  Microsoft recommends you don't continue to this site.  It has been reported to Microsoft for containing phishing threats which may try to steal personal or financial information."  I haven't seen either of these messages until the last week or so.  When I open the link to the KAS Shop, I don't receive such a message.  However, can someone check to see if they are receiving similar messages?  I'm hesitant about putting in my financial information until these messages are resolved.

We've been receiving reports from all over the world that people are seeing a "Not secure" error message. All I can tell you is that there is nothing wrong with the site so please ignore Microsoft's warnings.

Sandy has tried to transfer both this site and the KAS website to an HTTPS protocol but the forum went haywire. I'm not sure if you remember when that happened a few months ago.

Until Sandy is able to sort this out and try again, you will continue to see these error messages. However, that does NOT mean that you will be susceptible to things like phishing threats.

The KasShop is hosted on with a completely different company so you should never see those warnings there.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for the info, Andrea!  I feel better knowing that the KAS Shop is hosted separately so I'll go and make a donation.  Hopefully, the security messages can be remedied!

Andrea, thank you for pulling all these numbers together for us.  Much appreciated :)

Joy, I just accessed the KAS Shop without trouble, and with no odd messages.  Not sure what to say about that.  It's very unfortunate if folks who are wanting to support KAS by shopping in our KAS Shop are being discouraged in some way.  Hopefully the reason for the problem can be found and corrected ... xo

It may be hard to make out but that little blue line has eked its way slightly above the red. Let's try to keep it that way! If we bank as much as possible now, there will be a surplus for Ronda and her team when things return to normal (fingers crossed). Go team!

Here is the expenses breakdown for November:

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

NOVEMBER

Color Of The Month BROWN

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service