The Knit-a-square program has inspired volunteers in more than 60 countries to knit and crochet more than 1.5 million blanket squares, hats, hand-warmers and toys. Your efforts are helping to keep the children warm but to keep this operation running every day, we need to extend your love and support.

Your donations are the backbone of financial support for the operations on the ground in South Africa, making it possible for them to continue.

Whether it's helping to pay the rent, a stipend for the gogos to sew blankets, fuel for the KasVan or to cover postal charges of $3.75 US per parcel, you make it possible to keep striving toward warming and comforting the children.

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with.

You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help.

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A Year in Review for the Shop is below. It's hard to read thanks to the Pay the Customs Fee item so I've included a listing of items sold.

3843427026?profile=RESIZE_710x3843427227?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Thank you for listing everything, Andrea. Although a graph shows everything in proportion, at a glance, I found the list easier to read.  :))

• The financials have been updated above. Take a look at that blue line! We finished the year with an incredible surplus, thanks to everyone's donations, generosity and thoughtfulness. What a great way to start 2020!

A new discussion will be started for 2020.

Here is the expenses breakdown for December:

3836972135?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Here is the KasShop report for December. $567.41 was raised last month.

Small purchases made by big people made for a successful year-end total of $6,907.83! Thank you to one and all who have taken the time to visit the shop, make a purchase and share with friends and family.

A year-in-review will be posted soon.

3806073695?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Thank you for the update, Andrea. Great to see the shop figures up a little, again.

I'm off to do my shopping....hahaha.

• The financials have been updated above. Short but sweet from Ronda:

"Just letting you know that we received a wonderful influx of funds from the November PAYPAL collection."

There are still problems with packages and duties. Ronda had to rescue packages from Phoenix, Arizona; Texas; Birmingham, Alabama; Croatia; and a mystery location from the post office. It cost over R2000 (approximately $139 US).

PLEASE write BONA FIDE GIFT FOR CHARITY, NO COMMERCIAL VALUE on your parcel and a declared value of $0 on your Customs Slip so KAS doesn't incur additional postage fees.

Here is the expenses breakdown for November.

3781197260?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Thanks for the update, Andrea....much appreciated.  :))

I have noticed that in the graph for the year, thus far, there is only one month where donations exceeded expenses and one month where they were equal. This is rather alarming. In order to distribute our lovely crafting, K-A-S in South Africa need the funds to make this possible.

Times are tough for many of us and our budgets stretched, but if you are able to, please consider signing up for a monthly contribution of 5USD. To sign up, please go to the text box on the right hand side of this page where it says 'donate' and follow the instructions. Thank you.  :))

Merry Christmas to Everyone and wishing you all good health and happiness in 2020.  xo

• Here is the KasShop report for November.

We had a wide variety of items purchased this month, totaling $475.72. Thank you to everyone who contributed; you've made things a lot easier for Ronda and her team.

3771670678?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Thank you Andrea for your comprehensive and detailed overview of the financial situation. I hope that November will be a much better month re income vs expenses. 

• Pam Johnson & I (aka Knit for Life) have just donated $195 via PayPal and we topped it up to $200 by spending $5 in the shop so we can give KAS cards to all our lovely volunteers.  The donation is part funded by EasyFundraising.  All the money we get from EasyFundraising is sent to KAS.  Anyone in the UK can sign up to EasyFundraising and nominate Knit for Life as their chosen charity.  Many retailers such as M&S, John Lewis, Amazon, Booking.com etc. give a donation whenever you shop with them online.  It doesn't cost you anything but it really helps KAS.  

This reply was deleted.