KAS Christmas Challenge 2015
It’s that time of year again – can you squeeze in a square over the Festive Season? Who’d like to join the KAS Christmas Challenge for 2015?
This is a mini, ONE-SQUARE challenge to run over Christmas and the New Year.
The ‘Rules’ are as follows:
The challenge theme is up to you! – Colours, holidays, nature, flags, seasons, past themes, future themes… anything!
Once you’ve completed your square, you can rejoin the challenge as many times as you like.
I will close the mini-challenge on 3rd of January by posting a theme for the last joiner.
We made some beautiful squares last year, enough for a whole blanket – here’s a link to the album if you’d like to take a look:
So please, whatever you’re doing, have a lovely Christmas and New Year.... ...and who will start things off by challenging me?
Find our KAS Christmas Challenge 2015 squares here: http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/kas-christmas-challenge...
1. Karen - animal square (challenged by Amy)
2. Amy - flower square (challenged by Robin)
3. Robin - cute smiley (challenged by Karla)
4. Karla - a square with sparkly yarn (challenged by Gloria)
5. Gloria - a Tunisian or illusion square (challenged by Sharon)
6. Sharon - a Christmas diagonal (challenged by Linda).
7. Linda - a square of your choice from Member's Patterns in Xmas colours (challenged by Gloria)
8. Gloria - Cro-Knit variegated square in Christmas colours (challenged by Robin)
9. Robin - a bird themed square (challenged by Karen)
10. Karen - a Christmas Lizard or corner-to-corner (challenged by Anneke)
11. Anneke - a Christmas face or miter square in holiday colours (challenged by Amy)
12. Amy - an alphabet square (challenged by Valerie)
13. Valerie - a Christmas fruit square (challenged by Jill)
14. Jill - a plain jane in any colour you wish (challenged by Gloria)
15. Gloria - A blue square (challenged by Louise)
16. Louise - A green square (challenged by Robin)
17. Robin - a snowman, Father Christmas or Christmas tree square (challenged by Louise)
18. Louise - a Christmas candle (challenged by Jill)
19. Jill - a red and bright square (challenged by Paola)
20. Paola - Christmas in Italy (challenged by Amy)
21. Amy - a Spring square (challenged by Karen)
22. Karen - a teddy bear square (challenged by Susanne)
23. Susanne - a square with a little boy's Christmas present (challenged by Gloria)
24. Gloria - a square with a star (challenged by Valerie)
25. Valerie - an owl square (challenged by Karla)
26. Karla - a flower square (challenged by Linda)
27. Linda - Circle in a square or Christmas colours spiral square (challenged by Louise)
28. Louise - a New Year square (challenged by Jill)
29. Jill - a square to represent warmth & love (challenged by Karen).
****Challenge closed**** - see you all Next Year!
Replies are closed for this discussion.
Louise, here are my squares. I decided to do both your challenges rather than choose :-)
The green is actually a pretty Christmas green which sets off the "Silverlash" white.
Here's my version of a Peppermint candy. I remember getting these in my stocking along with a Mandarin orange.
And a third one. This is my Happy New Year square, just because I found the blue in with the white....how 'clever' is that [she says] I did this so I would remember to use the blue with the Silverlash :-)
The front and back of the square. I prefer the back for its fluffiness.
Here's my challenge square at last. I made one earlier but hubby took one look and his face showed what he thought in spite of his" That's not too bad." As personally I thought it was awful, I frogged my owl!!! This photo doesn't show the colours very well and, as for a lot of you, the sparkly yarn doesn't come out sparkly enough.
It isn't grey, but beige and brown with silver and gold yarn running through it. I've taken a lot of photos in different lighting and they all come out the same.
I enjoyed this mini challenge and find the vastly different and beautiful squares absolutely delightful.
I wish you all a very happy New Year.