Glo ... from Amy

Amy ... from Claire

Claire ... from Rebecca

Rebecca ... from Amy

Amy ... from Glo

Glo ... from Sandra

Sandra ... from Karen

Karen ... from Glo

I've started an album for our squares from this Christmas Challenge.  Once you've completed your challenge and posted a photo of it in this discussion, be sure to add it to the photo section so I can copy it into our album.  Thank you :)

You can find our album HERE

Views: 2419

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Glo - I knit and crochet, but knitting is my comfort zone. That's a great challenge - I'll have to rummage in my stash for festive colours!

Happy to do that Lucinda, thanks. x

Harrison's mom has challenged Karla :)

A holiday to Prague sounds wonderful, Harrison's mom!  And this is a super challenge for Karla!  I'll be anxious to see what she makes for you :) ... xo

OK, I accept the challenge, but at the moment I don´t know what to do.

Thank you Karla for the challenge, I will try!

Great to have you popping in the Forum.  Thanks for starting this fun a few years ago.

Chris, you challenged me to make a square in blue.  What a difficult challenge that was!!!  Difficult because I simply couldn't decide which blue to use ... hahaha  So I worked the Honeycomb stitch using 2 shades of blue.  

Then I thought ... hm-m-m-m ... did Chris ask specifically for the honeycomb pattern or just any TC?  So ... after I made the two-color honeycomb square on the left (p. 9 Beginner Tunisian Crochet), I made another one (in blue, of course) using a pattern from Beyond Beginner Tunisian Crochet, p.25 (on the right).  It uses the honeycomb stitch in combination with a couple of other stitches and I love the added texture it gives.

Unfortunately, the camera does not pick up the different stitches but, trust me, they're there and a child will find them quite quickly :)  

The one on the right is made with a beautiful yarn that was a gift from our Amy and I just loved working with this yarn!

I do hope these squares will meet with your approva, Chris ;))) ... xo

Oh Glo they are both beautiful! I love the sparkly blue on the right, I can see the different stitches, it looks like a Christmas tree on it’s side :)) Thank you!

Thank you, Chris.  I never thought about the square looking like a Christmas tree on its side.  Perhaps it is ... after Jess, Meeka and Bonnie threw a party in the living room ... hahaha ... xo

I see a blue Xmas tree as well. Gorgeous work, Gloria. Thanks.

Do you know according to Pantone BLUE is the COLOR OF THE YEAR 2020 ! You knew that, right? 

So sorry, Bev :(

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/04/style/pantone-color-2020-classic...

Thank you for bringing that to my attention, Diana.  To be honest, I did not know that Blue was the COLOR OF THE YEAR 2020.  I thought Blue was the COLOR OF THE YEAR every year!  It certainly is in my home ... LOL

That is a very interesting article.  Thank you for sharing.  I always thought it was the feel of the yarn in my hands, or the warm wood of my hooks and needles that calmed me.  I now think it's all that blue yarn I've been using :))) ... xo

Karen, here is my knitted diagonal in variegated yarn. I cracked open a brand new ball of yarn for this square so had no idea how it was going to work up. I'm thinking it would look rather nice in a clever hat ..

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The DECEMBER 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2023 THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2023

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

FEBRUARY

Color Of The Month ORANGE

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2023   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service