THEME FOR JUNE STITCHTASTIC STITCHES, STRIPES & ZIGZAGS !

lead by Pam Antink

As I do not knit very well, I'm going to have to cheat and fudge my way through the June Theme! For this purpose I've been trawling through all the pics on the Photo tab right back to the beginning.  It was a joy to view some of the photos! More from early contributors will be posted as the Theme progresses - hopefully to provide additional inspiration.  

Do hope everyone enjoys our progress through the years and the reminders of the wonderful supporters who have contributed and still do!

Anyhow, please get ready for a daily

'Blast from the Past'

Anneke (The Netherlands) has helped me by knitting some lovely versions of Stitchtastic Stitches, Stripes and Zigzags to get the theme off the ground!

Pattern Link : Diagonal Rib Stitch

Pattern Link : Zigzag Stitch

STRIPED PJ designed for Knit-a-Square

by Anneke (The Netherlands) can be

found in Members Patterns

This pattern

is from Mary Ann Fellows

and stitched by Anneke and can

be found in Members Patterns :

Diagonal Crochet Square

Below are some more inspiring members squares involving stitches, zigzags and stripes

Andrea Palmatier one of the few brave enough to tackle zigzags

Anne Powell - love this very strong example of a striped square - so effective!

Gloria Grandy - May's inspiring PJ Theme leader, has been largely instrumental in making the Tunisian Stitch very popular since she joined in April 2013!

Tunisian Honeycomb 2014       Cross stitched Tunisian 2013

Rona's Long Beach Wash Cloth     Mandy's Technicolour Stripes

2010                                                 2010      

Anne has kindly started a Pinterest Board for Stitchtastic : https://www.pinterest.com/anne1464/june-2015-stitchtastic-knit-a-sq...

Views: 10568

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Last batch of squares for this month's blanket. 

Been so so busy this month - very little time for the forum - any precious few spare minutes have been spent with the yarn.  Hugs to you all! Xxxxx

PS Any UK folks out there - don't forget to check out the KAS UK "Big Day Out" on July 18th. Details can be found in the discussion within the UK group page. 

A blanket with zigzag edges

Here's my whole blanket for this month's theme. Hope you like it! 

Sunflower Bloom

My last 2 squares for the June theme. These are based on Anneke's pattern in the members patterns forum. http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/member-s-patterns-squar...

I needed to make a slight adjustment as I used thinner yarn and smaller needles than in the original pattern. I also decided to try doing a moss stitch border on the blue one just for a variation. Lovely, easy pattern to knit and looks great finished.

Also adding just for fun 3 pairs of striped hand warmers I made with the June stripes theme in mind.

My latest squares

Here are my last 4 squares for the June theme:

June 2015 - Stitchtastic - Stitches, Stripes & Zig zags.

The left square is actually the same muted mid pink as the right one, combined with a pale, baby/powder blue....the camera just decided it needed to be brighter..... :(

Absolutely LOVE this pattern. Thank you Mary Ann for making June such a fun month of squares. I've almost got 35 and then will add my numbers to the list. Not the best photo...

Ok folks! So I fibbed. The four higher up are not the last for June. I was trying some stash busting and this was the result:

A no sew Go-Over in a variegated, self striping yarn. The actual colours are a lot brighter than in photo.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2020

SHOP

WRAP 4 CHILDREN IN BLANKETS

This item will allow Knit-a-Square to pay our wonderful co-team workers – the Gogos (grandmothers) – to sew the squares received from across the globe into blankets for the children. $5 US will pay for 4 blankets to be stitched together.

THE KAS SHOP

SQUARES LIST

The March 2021 Squares List will be delayed. Our sincere apologies. Please visit the

2021 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2021 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2021

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

APRIL

Colour Of

the Month

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2021   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service