The theme for this month is:

CHRISTMAS:

Glorious Greens and Reds

Hosted by Susan Gillman of New Zealand

and Debbie Posmontier in the USA...

global friendship and cooperation through KAS!

Pinterest Board is here:

https://www.pinterest.com/anne1464/july-2015-christmas-in-july-knit-a-square-south-af/

Here is a link to the photo album:

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/july-theme-christmas-glorious-greens-and-reds

Thank you KASfriends for your support of and participation in the July theme!!

Time to search your stash for REDS and GREENS and also

BLUES and SILVERS and GOLDS!!!

Even though it is summer in the northern hemisphere and Christmas will be in the summer in the southern hemisphere, it is time to think about wreaths and trees and Santa and elves and reindeer and Christmas balls and traditional celebrations. 

Did you know about Santa Mandela?

After 27 years in prison, Nelson Mandela was freed. The same Christmas that the folks up by the North Pole declared him International Santa Claus of the Year, he began an annual ritual of personally distributing presents to children in his home village of Qunu. The number of kids grew every year, to 2,000 or more, likely a record for a Santa Claus of any persuasion. - source:thedailybeast.com

On July 18th we celebrate Nelson Mandela's birthday by giving 67 minutes of time to a good cause.  I wonder what KAS folk are going to do?

Perhaps we can start a "Christmas in July Sit and Knit" in our home towns and cities across the globe! Proceeds in squares and donations will benefit KAS, of course.

Here are some squares from around the web to spark your creativity...

Pattern found here:

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/krikket207/christmas-wreath-6-square

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you, Sue and Debbie, for this fantabulous theme!  And what a terrific lineup of color and fun our crafters have produced for the children!  Thank you everyone for your incredible contributions.  

I will post these now (a bit late ... sorry).  These are just some of the squares made from the yarn that Linda gave me when I met her on our way home from the west coast.  RJSK hands are still busy :) xo

2930306287?profile=RESIZE_480x480

• July 2015 - Christmas - Glorious Greens and Reds - Mandela Day

Five beautiful squares from my sister, Ros....in Christmas colours of reds, greens and white.

• 2965294295?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024Here's my completed set of blanket squares for this month. Not all are "Christmassy" but there's a fair sprinkling in there. 

Sorry - the hearts are upside-down! 

• 2965294408?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024Can't persuade the camera to cooperate here! The stripes are red, white, Cadbury purple with glitter and emerald green. 

• 2965294124?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024These remind me of brightly coloured Christmas presents. 

• 2965293881?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024This one uses the last of my sparkly silver and green variegated yarns. 

2965294075?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024And these are actually a deep Cadbury purple with a sparkly thread. 

• July 2015 - Christmas - Glorious Greens and Reds - Mandela Day

• Forgot too add my Christmas Squares and Handwarmers to this discussion last week

2930307835?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Christmas colours.

2930307517?profile=original

• 2886766708?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024Glorious Greens and Reds......white, silver and gold :)

This reply was deleted.