The theme for this month is:

CHRISTMAS:

Glorious Greens and Reds

Hosted by Susan Gillman of New Zealand

and Debbie Posmontier in the USA...

global friendship and cooperation through KAS!

Pinterest Board is here:

https://www.pinterest.com/anne1464/july-2015-christmas-in-july-knit...

Here is a link to the photo album:

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/july-theme-christmas-gl...

Thank you KASfriends for your support of and participation in the July theme!!

Time to search your stash for REDS and GREENS and also

BLUES and SILVERS and GOLDS!!!

Even though it is summer in the northern hemisphere and Christmas will be in the summer in the southern hemisphere, it is time to think about wreaths and trees and Santa and elves and reindeer and Christmas balls and traditional celebrations. 

Did you know about Santa Mandela?

After 27 years in prison, Nelson Mandela was freed. The same Christmas that the folks up by the North Pole declared him International Santa Claus of the Year, he began an annual ritual of personally distributing presents to children in his home village of Qunu. The number of kids grew every year, to 2,000 or more, likely a record for a Santa Claus of any persuasion. - source:thedailybeast.com

On July 18th we celebrate Nelson Mandela's birthday by giving 67 minutes of time to a good cause.  I wonder what KAS folk are going to do?

Perhaps we can start a "Christmas in July Sit and Knit" in our home towns and cities across the globe! Proceeds in squares and donations will benefit KAS, of course.

Here are some squares from around the web to spark your creativity...

Pattern found here:

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/krikket207/christmas-wreath-6-square

Views: 5602

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

A chunky Go-Over in warm 'Christmas colours'. 

Thank you Debbie and Sue for this month's theme!  This is a wonderful intro to a month that will be "merry and bright" I'm sure!  I just love Christmas ... whenever it comes :))  

Here are my first Christmassy squares.  One yarn ... three squares.  The one on the left is knit in garter stitch ... the middle one is linked double crochet ... the one on the right is Tunisian Honeycomb.  I find it very interesting how the colors fell in almost exactly the same place in each of them.  The only difference is with the Tunisian one.  I ran out of yarn and had to substitue a different (very close match) red to finish it :)

I found the photos on the web. Some had links to patterns so you can search, "Christmas squares," or "wreath squares," or "bell squares" and see what you can find. I'll try to post directions this weekend.

My PJs in Christmas colors! Still working on getting them to be "square!!"

Christmasy Sparkle African Flower

Royal Blue Sparkle Snowflake

Christmas Tree in the Forest

Candy Cane Square ...

Purple Sparkle Wrapping Paper

CELEBRATE MANDELA DAY WITH US BY JOINING OUR TEAM

THE “MANDELA MAMAS”

We talk about giving “67 minutes for Mandela” every July 18.  Could we make it a donation to Pay the Rent this year instead?

Looking at the July, August and September Pay the Rent calendars we see more green (unpaid days) than pink (paid for days).  Ronda really needs our help over the next few months.

I know many of us are a bit short of cash right now, but if you are able to donate $10USD  (or more or even less), please sign up and become a  MANDELA MAMA

Please mention your donation in the Pay the Rent discussion at

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/pay-the-office-rent-for...

and when you send your funds through Paypal, mention in the message that you are a “Mandela Mama”

Instructions on how to make your donation can be found here

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/page/how-to-donate-to-the-pay-the-re...

This team will be open until July 18, but of course latecomers will always be welcome!

We have 6 Mandela Mamas already - that's one day plus some.....  we've booked July 18..... and now we're on our way to DAY #2......  please join in and become a Mama if you are able!

Don't Open 'til Christmas

Christmas Stripes

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The AUGUST 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

OCTOBER

Color Of The Month BLUE

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service