JULY 2022 - KAS SNIPPETS

SEA MAIL/SURFACE MAIL

POSTAL UPDATES

It has come to our attention that Sea Mail/Surface Mail from Australia is no longer being accepted in South Africa. 

This from Susanne Leverton when she posted items on July 22:

Hello fellow Aussies. I was able to post a large parcel to KAS today ( July 22. Initially the PO computer wouldn’t accept it so the manager made a phone call to the Parcel Post hotline and verified that the budget no tracking seamail is the only Parcel Post affected. The more expensive Standard seamail parcel post is available to send. My cost went up $30 from $110 to $140. I elected to send it as I am already filling another large bag. There was no problem with sending at this rate. Apparently there is a huge backlog of the cheaper parcels awaiting departure to SA hence the temporary ban on accepting further budget seamail.

From Gloria in Canada On July 22.

Pricing on economy sea mail/surface mail has gone up in price, also.  Packages from the RJSK (2K) have gone up between $4 and $6.

DISTRIBUTIONS

July has been a very busy month of distributions to date.  There will be another mass distribution in late July.

Visit this discussion to see videos and colorful photos from distributions made by Wandi,

Vivienne,

Estelle, Ronda, Themba.

KAS SISTERS GET TOGETHER ACROSS AN OCEAN

When KAS Sister get together, especially across an ocean, it is a big deal.  Read Chris Chiplen's account of a trip planned for 2020, that became a reality in 2022.

You can read the entire story and see more pictures HERE.

THINGS THAT MOVE

Whether things travel on roads, sail on the seas, fly through the air or dig in the dirt...they all MOVE.

Come see what our contributors have made for the July theme.

You will be MOVED.

THE BLANKET ROOM

All the color begins on page 14.

Patricia has been keeping the colors and designs coming from the blanket room.  So many to choose from, you can not pick a favorite.  Visit this discussion to see all the blankets that have arrived in The Barn recently. 

to our newest members on the Forum coming from South Africa, the UK and the USA.

Margaret Allcock

Lauretta

Karin

Megan Drennan

THE BARN

While the post has been slowly coming into The Barn, we have had many visitors bring blankets and squares in for distributions.  Read all about these special people and our faithful volunteers in this discussion.

Give Me A Hug - August Theme

Marion Davies will be hosting the August Theme which is sure to make feel good.

Hearts, teddies colours....anything that makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

Color of the Month/August - Lavender

FROM THE ARCHIVES

Mandela Day 2017 Distribution

Revisit this distribution by Lindi in 2017

http://www.forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/mandela-day-distribution-with-lindi?commentId=3276523%3AComment%3A801845

http://www.forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/photographs-from-kas-distributions?commentId=3276523%3AComment%3A406742

Mandela Day 2013 Distribution

Junior Centre in Ithugheng

http://www.forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/photographs-from-kas-distributions?commentId=3276523%3AComment%3A406742

MANDELA DAY 2014

Honouring the Legacy Nelson Mandela

Read all about the different distribution made in honour of Nelson Mandela in 2015.

http://www.forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/honouring-the-legacy-nelson-mandela?commentId=3276523%3AComment%3A520225

KAS SHOP REPORT

Here is the KasShop report for April, May and June.

Since the second quarter was slow, I've combined the numbers into one chart. The total raised for these three months was $348.31.

August 15 International Granny Square Day

Check online for organizations that support all sorts of different activities for this very special day.

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry for my late "Thank You" for this piece,  but to do it justice I've sat + followed every section,  and taken time to devour all the information it leads us to.    A masterful collection of uplifting news ❤️ Kx

• Thanks for all the news, Amy. It’s good to be back on the forum. I have a lot to catch up on and I’m looking forward to it although it’s going to take me a while!

I’ve enjoyed working on the August theme and can’t wait to see everyone’s contributions.

• Beautiful. Full of colour, joy and information. Thank you Amy.

• Thank you Valerie.

There was quite a bit of news this month, and we were very spoiled with photos from The Barn, Blanket Room and Distributions.

This reply was deleted.