WELCOME  TO

AROUND THE WORLD

March14 "I'd Like to Teach The World to Sing"

What a wondrous world we live in. Full of intriguing and interesting landscapes, both natural and manmade. From the mountains to the seas, from the newest cities to the oldest civilizations.This month we will take a trip around  the world, discovering new and/or interesting sights....from the smallest flower to the largest structures. We can explore the many things that make our countries unique.

March 2014 Challenge - Around the World in 31 Days

March14 Kokeshi Doll  March14 African Rainbow  March 2014 Challenge - Around the World in 31 Days    January 2016 theme - Desertscape - Cactus Garden  MARCH 2014 CHALLENGE - Egypt  

DancingPenguins

Our special events this month include Mandela Day, when we honour the late, great, Nelson Mandela.......

Mandela Day 67 minutes  Mandela Day square

July 2013 Mandela Day square

and the gathering of the world at the Olympic Games.

A Safari Through Africa  Go For The Gold - July 2020  

photo
Our Colour of the Month (CoM) is BLUE. I had many colours in my stash that were a questionable blue, but on googling 'blue' I discovered a site listing 144!! I'm all good.  :)) Here is a little sample from the site. I'm sure we all must have a little in our stash.

Please remember the importance of our Plain Jane squares in the blankets that are created. Perhaps make some in blue or a colour/s inspired by something in your landscape or somewhere you have visited. Have fun...and please share with us.

Views: 2994

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

That’s a beauty Patricia. I always have potted Poinsettias in my house for Christmas. 

July 2021 Theme - Around the World

Well, I had intended to be in South Africa (on my 'virtual world tour') for Mandela Day, but I have had a few delays and also simply had to go to the Antarctic first to see the penguins. :))

Brilliant, Bev!  And don't forget we have penguins here in South Africa too!

I loved visiting the penguins near Cape Town.

That's a really cute pic, Amy.

I used to love going to the zoo to see the penguins when I was a child.

Thought I would share one of my fave children's songs, from when my boys were little. They had it on dvd, which was played almost daily.  :)) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lR5j8MBfXA

I'm sure you do, Lesley.  :)) 

I had googled and found that they are only found (in their natural habitat) in the southern hemisphere.

SpheniscidaeThe Little Penguin is the only species of penguin that breeds in Australia. Although the most famously occurring on Phillip Island in Victoria, dozens of colonies are scattered on islands from the NSW North Coast, south to Tasmania, and west to Carnac Island, off Fremantle.

Wonderful square for South Africa Bev.  

You are using BLUE in so many ways.  I hope your pink yarn is not feeling neglected. 

You’re a laugh a minute Bev. Fabulous squares as usual. We couldn’t even get our Mandela day blankets out with the unrest we have had here. Maybe it was just as well as yesterday we received 10 absolutely stunning blankets made in the colours of our flag, now we’ll be able to distribute them together. 

After a very slow start to summer we are currently experiencing a heat wave so Antarctica sounds quite appealing! We Brits are never satisfied with our weather. You're doing a grand job with your blues, Bev.

Pleeeease send me some sunshine, Patricia.  :)) 

We have had an early start to Winter, with above average rainfall, but I shall not complain when I see the devastating floods in other parts of the world.

I was ready to add a complaint about the coldest winter I have experienced in my 14 years in South Africa, until I saw Amy's latest post about the Distributions - so thankful that I have socks and shoes, warm clothes, and a solid roof over my head.  Also thankful that we can help in some small way to warm these children - I must stop complaining!!

I think you've hit the nail on the head there, Bev and Lesley. Also Athele's observations in the latest Podcast certainly put our problems into perspective. We must all count our blessings.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

NOVEMBER

Color Of The Month BROWN

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service