HAPPY NEW YEAR
One and All.
I hope you all have your needles and hooks at the ready for a bumper year........and  that you received some delightful yarns that you are just itching to create with. 
I went shopping with some yarn gift vouchers I received....I don't imagine you can guess what colour was top of my list....haha

I am excited to start the New Year off with the theme...
ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL.

Who doesn't love dogs/puppies? cats and kitties??
SEPTEMBER 2015 THEME - Puppy plus four  CelestialDog  March - A is for Apple

IttyBittyKitty
From creatures indigenous to our own country, wherever that may be.........
July 2021 Theme - Around the World  
 or those from a country we have visited.......
Safari Through Africa  A Safari Through Africa

From the exotic to the everyday.
February 2016 - Celebrate Africa  BigBoyLion
HappyFroggy  PinkBird

From the tallest giraffe to the tiniest ant....
Giraffe
(where's the ant?... I hear you say...well he is tiny...haha)
and everything in between.
 NOVEMBER 2014 THEME - BUGS, SLUGS AND HUGS  NOVEMBER 2014 THEME - BUGS, SLUGS AND HUGS  November 2013 Challenge - Toys and Games and Teddy Bears
CHICKENS..( or in Australia, CHOOKS)  Unshorn Sheep
November. Two Colour Challenge.  October. Waiting to be Chosen.  
October 2021 Theme ~ Waiting To Be Chosen  November 2020 Theme - Happy faces
If picture squares are not your thing, please consider creating pjs (plain coloured squares) or striped or half 'n' half squares in colours representative of your favourite (or least favourite) creatures.
Thumbnail  Moss & Rib Squares Aug 2012
January - The Longest Time - 1 pattern - 4 different squares  
(lion, canary and zebra)
Last, but by no means least.....
Our CoM (colour of the month) for January is the most gorgeous, most delightful, most fantastic colour....
PINK
 Scientifically, there are around 29,000 different pink shades currently known to man.
Here's just a few.....
Happy Crafting in the New Year. xo

Views: 3954

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Patricia those colours are amazing what a beautiful blanket. Ice cream colours just love this blanket. 

This has to be one of my fave blankets you have made, Patricia.  :))

This is BEAUTIFUL....LOVING the colours/colourways.....simply de-lish!!

Patricia, the colours in this blanket are really beautiful!
I have just looked back over your many lovely blankets, and like Bev, this is one of my favourites of the ones you have made, it’s up there with your Monet blanket, wild flower blanket and rainbow blanket :)) 

Thank you so much. I try to make a good variety of blankets in different styles and colours but I have to say that this colour palette is really ME and I was sad to reach the end!

I love the colours you used very much! I´ve got a temptation to crochet such a lovely unicorn you´ve got above it but it seems a bit difficult to me. I only started with toys.

Another gorgeous blanket from you, Patricia. I love the colours.

Oh my goodness, Patricia, this is a beauty!  I can certainly understand why coming to the end made you sad.  However, a child will be thrilled that you did :)) xo

And I found a unicorn song :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4bc9UwZsYs

Oh gosh, Gloria, I didn't even think to find a unicorn song, and stupidly I do know this one - it was written by Shel Silverstein who wrote some of my favourite Dr Hook songs and also wrote A Boy Named Sue for Johnny Cash. Thank you - even though the song made me sad all over again!

I LOVE this song, too. Thanks for the memory, Glo.  :))

Oh, Bev, What a WONDERFUL month you've set up for all of us!   I've just had my first look at everything this month, and what a fun time it was.   Thank you, everyone, for the beautiful creations and the fun entertainment, too.   There is just no end to the creativity of this group.

Here are some things I've been working on .... Please note, Bev, that there is an abundance of PINK in these squares and in the blanket, too.   Whew!   I'm so glad that is over, and now I won't need to be using this (least-favorite) color again for awhile.

STUNNING blanket, Sharon!!! What a great design!!....... BEAUTIFUL squares.  :))

Soooo sad to hear that pink is your least fave colour. I am mourning the fact that January is coming to an end and I have not had the time to do anywhere near as much pink knitting as I would have liked.  :))

I love your blanket very much.It´s so "refreshing" you used c2c part only in the middle.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2021

SQUARES LIST

The MARCH 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

May

Color Of The Month YELLOW

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service