WELCOME ONE AND ALL
To our January 2020 Theme
THE LONGEST TIME
We all have those balls of yarn that just never seem to get used.....
they languish.... sad, lonely and forgotten 
in the bottom of a knitting bag, a storage box or crate....
waiting, just waiting,
for their moment to shine.....
Their time is NOW!
Perhaps it's the dreaded (for some of us) fun fur.....
Stylish Handwarmers
Perhaps it's a colour that never seemed to fit with the rest of your stash
Perhaps it was a different type of yarn, bought with much excitement....until you got it home......
Or, as in my case, yarn  was bought, then more yarn was bought, then more yarn was bought...and these poor little 'original' guys simply got shunted to the bottom of the stash pile.
(no, this is not my stash..haha)
Please, give them, their 'moment in the sun'...their moment on your hooks, looms or needles.
To start off this New Year, the Pattern of the Month (PoM) is.....Wendy's Slip Stitch square (one of my faves)The pattern can be found here......
Diana D. has so very kindly knitted one for me, to share with you all.....
Diana found that with the yarn she used, she required 50 stitches to make an 8 inch square. Please check your measurements when making.
As we create our squares this month...and indeed throughout this year..... let's remember our umbrella for 2020, thoughtfully created by Chris Chiplen....
Sometimes a photo can say so much more than words can express.....
Please remember these joyful faces as we knit and crochet in the year ahead.
We have the ability with our love, imaginations, needles, hooks and yarn to brighten the lives of vulnerable children in South Africa, as we make and send squares, blankets, hats, hand warmers and toys to Ronda and her wonderful team of volunteers to distribute to the children.
So let us bring JOY to as many children as we can in 2020!

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here are some more from my stash. Some of this yarn has been waiting a long time to be loved at last!!

3857221690?profile=RESIZE_710x3857222032?profile=RESIZE_710x3857222405?profile=RESIZE_710x3857222727?profile=RESIZE_710x3857223160?profile=RESIZE_710x3857223870?profile=RESIZE_710x3857224206?profile=RESIZE_710x

• What a super collection Valerie - you certainly have had some fab wool in the depths of your stash.   I thought I was doing well having not bought any wool since mid December, but you're doing way better than me @4 months, showing tremendous discipline, well done!

• I gave in yesterday and ordered some yarn online. I couldn't resist it as it was on sale for £1 a skein.

• Ha ha ha, good for you!   I'm sure it was worth it, both in terms of ££ value and for the little happy tingly glow you get choosing something!

• Good on ya', Valerie!! I hope it gave you joy.  :))

I have already broken my 'no yarn buying' resolution. My son gave me a yarn store voucher for Christmas and the idea was that I spend ONLY that....yeah that worked.....not!!!

• These are FABULOUS, Valerie!!! I started to pick a fave, but after about six or eight, I realized it was an impossibility.  :))

• Hi everyone. Sorry I'm so late posting my contribution to the January theme, but I was out of action with a lousy cold and cough for a couple of weeks.

I'm very proud of myself, as I haven't bough any new yarn i over 4 months, and am using up a lot of my very large stash. Here are some of the resulting squares and hand warmers:

3857179956?profile=RESIZE_710x3857180247?profile=RESIZE_710x3857180627?profile=RESIZE_710x

3857179082?profile=RESIZE_710x

There are more to come!!

• January 2020 Theme - The Longest Time

Finally have seen the last of this yarn...it took me the longest time...lol.

• Fabulous squares Bev...the setting sun on a another successful theme month.  

• Mission accomplished !! Awesome squares, Bev. Thank You, Thank You!!

This reply was deleted.