Hi Everyone, My name is Hannah. I am from Australia. I found out about Kascare through my lovely nanna who showed me a flyer. My mum taught me how to knit a few years ago and I am slowly getting better at it. One of my friends is currently teaching me how to crochet, which looks like fun. I love knitting, it is my relaxation and it is even more special knowing I am helping out the beautiful African Children. I work in a hospital as a midwife and I have emailed the African Liason Officer to get her to help promote this wonderful Charity. Happy knitting Everyone!!

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Hannah, from sunny Qld!

• Hello Hannah and welcome to this great family of knitters. Well done on promoting the site already.

Enjoy knitting from jan in Crete.

• Hi Hannah

Welcome aboard and thank you for spreading the word!

• Hi Hannah and welcome from Cornwall, UK-this is such a friendly forum to be part of and as Bev has said, the photos are really inspirational. It is such a lovely thought that we can use our knitting skills to help these children have some warmth and comfort in their lives and also connect with others around the globe who share our passion for yarn. Well done with learning crochet, once you have mastered it there is a whole world of new ideas out there! 

PS I too was a midwife(though I now work in high dependency elderly care) and had the joy of delivering my granddaughter last year after a 25 year gap (she arrived at home in rather a hurry!)

• Hi Hannah

Welcome to KAS...from over on the West coast of OZ.

We are so glad you have joined us. Knitting is my relaxation too and it is indeed wonderful to know that everything we knit/crochet and send to S. Africa means so much to the children.

If you haven't already done so..you might like to click on the 'forum' and 'photo' tabs located at the top of the page and see what we have been discussing and see some truly inspirational photos posted by some of our members.

Once again welcome and enjoy!

p.s. A special thank you to your lovely nanna for providing you with the opportunity to get involved.

This reply was deleted.