At the end of July Estelle put out this post to Karen Gordon...

Karen I remember opening a box of approximately 50 pairs of hand warmers from you.  If you have any more small balls of yarn we’d love some hand warmers from our star knitter….we have suddenly run out of them.

Several of us jumped on board and said we would like to help out, too.

Please join us with the challenge to

MAKE 500 HAND-WARMERS

FOR KAS

The Barn is currently out of hand-warmers and our volunteers are making distributions without them.

With the current issues with post arriving to The Barn we need to restock our supply of hand-warmers. 

Every year KAS tries to distribute 5,000 blankets to children. These need hand-warmers to go with them.    

Included in this introduction are some hand-warmers that have been posted by member since Estelle's request. 

We are adding them to our total. 

Let's color in our hands to reach 500 pairs of HAND-WARMERS made for the children.

TOTAL - 366

We are more than 1/2 way of reaching our goal.

Way to Go Team KAS!

You can post a photo or just let us know how

many you will be posting to South Africa.  

KAS PatternBook Links for Hand-warmers

KNIT 

http://www.forum.knit-a-square.com/page/free-knitting-patterns-hand...

CROCHET

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/8366406301?prof...

Views: 2206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Starting Total = 21

Let's keep it going....

This reminds me of a KAS member (who I think lived in France) - she pledged to make 365 pairs of handwarmers in a year. Does anyone remember this? I can't remember her name.

Her name is Joan Humm, she made a LOT of handwarmers. She has a perfect pattern for knitted handwarmers, I asked her for the pattern and I made some pairs.  Easy to knit, they are very stretchy and comfortable. Take  a look at her photo page, you will be amazed. In one year she made 325 pairs!

Let us all do Joan proud and push forward to post 500 pairs of hand-warmers in this discussion.  

Can we reach that goal by the end of September?

Amy, you can add my 20 pairs on the list. Making a photo will be difficult at the moment. And yes, let's do Joan proud! 

Thanks for jogging my memory Anneke!

Diane I vaguely remember this ladies pledge + feel she got on pretty well with it - but alas no name springs to mind.

My first 2 pairs completed before I left home for our holiday

Total = 23

This could be a fun challenge as I've never made handwarmers before! Thanks for the idea.

That's the spirit we're looking for.... Th U x    Main important info is the sizing + use DK wool.   They can be addictive + from experience use around 20g wool.   Great for using small leftover balls.   Good luck + enjoy, Kx

Ok, so, straight away a newby question - I'm following the pattern on the website, and it says the length should be 6"/15cm. Could someone give me an idea of the width before being sewn up, please? (ie the flat, finished knitted piece is 15cm long, but about how wide, please?)

It is basically a square. Hope that helps.

Yes, it does. Thank you, Amy

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The AUGUST 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

SEPTEMBER

Color Of The Month GREEN

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service