Replies

• So how was the trip?
    • wonderful ! well, the trip itself ... I was working, so ... but in Johannesburg I met Wendy; it was fantastic to meet somebody from KAS in person ! It was nice of her to drive to my hotel, I hope it wasn't to much trouble. We had a nice chat, she showed me some photos of the parcels, of the volunteers who help out at her company. And she left with a big and heavy luggage ! as I didn't have enough square and vests to fill the suitcase, I added coats, socks, hats, teeshirts, soft toys, etc ... anything I judged usefull, and that I could put my hands on ! I should be back there in a month, so we will meet again ... On the forum group "France", I have offered to carry squares for whoever will send them to me.

Merry xmas, and a happy new year to all !!!

• Hmmmm....... I wonder if it will be cheaper for me to send to France. :) jk merry Christmas!
      • Isabelle, well done!  Many of us have been wondering how your trip went and had visions of you lugging bulging suitcases of goodies.  It is extremely good of you to offer this service to the Kasers of France as you are are working and have a family.  Hope you had a lovely Christmas and wish you a happy and healthy 2011.
  • I am soooo excited for you Isabelle!! Talk about a personal delivery.
  • Isabelle, could you email me personally please as I cannot find your email address anyway and it is is not possible to make an attachment to the mail through here. sandy@knit-a-square.com

Many thanks and I know the whole KAS community would be touched by your efforts on our behalf, thank you, Sandy
  • How fabulous Isabelle - what a PICTURE! 25 crew with suitcases all full of KAS squares and toys!

It does sound from what Erin has said, that the family will be away at the time ... will have to wait to hear from her as to what their dates for departure are and what arrangements could be made to meet with you. We are so grateful for your input and your enthusiasm, thank you. Hopefully if you don't get to see the SA operation on this short pre Christmas trip, you will be rostered soon to fly there again and it can happen then. I have an idea which I will discuss with the team in SA and we will get back to you. Might take a week of so ok! Sandy
    • what what what ! I can't wait ! I just sent you my email ...
  • I have a blog, in which I show my knitting/crochetting/drawing etc ... I've been talking about KAS over there; about 900 persons a month visit my blog, so when the translation of the flyer into french will be finished, it will be a good way to inform knitters in France and other french speaking countries. The blog is hosted (is that the correct word ?) by a famous french magazine, Marie Claire Idees. I've been considering asking the journalists of that magazine to write about KAS, what do you think ? I wouldn't do that without your permission, of course ...
    here is the link to my blog, sorry, it's in french, but the photos are internationnal ! :
    http://isab-ailes.blogs.marieclaireidees.com/
    welcom to my creative world !!
This reply was deleted.