I am delighted to host another  KAS monthly and there  is something for everyone in this month's topic,   Whatever your level of skill,  let your imagination run riot with your choice of yarn, stitch, colour, pattern, texture, motif, and design to create squares, beanie hats, hand warmers and toys, 

Here are just a few ideas to get your needles clicking, though members from the southern hemisphere will have their own interpretations of their gardens.  Be inspired by the colours of nature. Remember that Plain Janes are the foundation of KAS blankets and we would love to reflect a riot of colour in the garden with both self-coloured squares and picture squares.

Some ideas:

• The obvious - flowers, plants, trees, lawns, leaves, soil, fruit & veg.
  • Garden visitors – birds, bees, butterflies, ladybirds, hedgehogs, caterpillars, – perhaps hold a teddy bears’ picnic.
  • Garden features - bird feeders, water features, sand pits, ponds, picnic tables, trellis, fences, paths, crazy paving, tubs, and window boxes.
  • Tools of the trade – spades, forks, wheelbarrows, watering can.

• Be inspired by a selection of squares made this year by KAS members.

Help to create a garden of delights to bring colour,       cheerfulness and warmth  into the children's lives.       

I look forward to seeing your contributions on the Forum.

THANK YOU

To see all the photographs  from this month's theme, click 
     http://www.forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/garden-delights-oc

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm so sorry,but I forgot to post my photos for this theme. I made 10 squares:

8204937078?profile=RESIZE_710x

8204942283?profile=RESIZE_710x

• What pretty groups of floral squares Valerie :))

• These are beautiful Valerie - worth waiting for!

• Thank you Susan for a wonderful month of virtual gardens.

Everyone really brought their A game to this theme.   I think they are as devoted to their gardens as they are to their yarn.

I hope the children in South Africa enjoy their garden blankets as much as I enjoyed looking at all these beautiful squares.

Stay safe, everyone.

• Thank you, Sharon fir your kind words  I particularly enjoyed this month’s theme at the difficult time and was delighted at the response. 

• 8107299675?profile=RESIZE_710x

A selection of variegated and mixed wools to represent daisies, grassy lawns and delicate lilac flowers.

• 8101840457?profile=RESIZE_710x

Susan, thank you so much for hosting this month.  Your work and all the work from our contributors where so colorful and inspirational.    I can't wait to see all these squares from around the world coming together in blankets in South Africa soon.

Kuddos to you for a very fun month.

• Thank you, Amy - I much appreciated your comment.  

• Thank you ladies, for all your kind words. 
    Thanks Susan for hosting a great theme this month.

A 16” Mini C2C Square.

8098294466?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Great fun square - your ideas consistently amaze me Marion.

This reply was deleted.