Hi K-A-S Friends.

Many of us have enjoyed a good chuckle or interesting moment in the Share a Yarn and Furry Friends discussions, haven't we?
Being the continually evolving community that we are; as of this moment, these two discussions shall become one.

Welcome to FUNNY and FANTASTIC!

Please feel free to share a pic, a funny story or maybe a link to a video about...... anything.
 We'd love to know what puts a 'smile on your dial' and a 'song in your heart'.

Views: 12849

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Honestly girls is there ANY way to rescue incredibly gappy Granny Squares?   I've tried weaving other yarns through the gaps, just doesn't work. I found 6 in the bottom of a bag in my closet and wonder if I should just chuck them out. I'm not sure I can rip them and restart.  I hate to toss them but I'm not sending them looking like hole filled undies...I mean they won't keep any child warm. Any ideas? I mean they're done in worsted yarn but they're as gappy as the gold square upper right in this photo. Very discouraging.  Should I just unravel and use the yarn in a different square? 

Image result for photos of happy Granny Squares

Maybe sew them onto a “plain jane” to add a little interest? Such pretty colours and it’s a shame to unravel them.

A good idea Sandy, it would add interest and of course a little more warmth :))

GREAT idea, Sandy!!

I agree, that's a super idea. I frogged a couple and am using one resulting yarn ball to make a hat.  I like the idea of double layering, keeping the design but backing it with something more solid. Thank you ladies!

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and outdoor

And in the category of "I wish I could unsee this...."     Somebody said it's like sleeping in a blanket with 1 leg out. Um right....

And here's another one, LOL.

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, cloud, sky and outdoor

Oh my goodness!! I had to do a double-take! For a minute there I thought it was my youngest son. Tall, slim build, shoulder length brown hair and even very similar facial features....oh the relief when I realized it wasn't .....LOLOL  I will have to send them to him and ask him where he has been modelling....hahaha.

Wonderful articles, Joan.  Great pictures of who, where and why people knit.  Thank you so much for sharing this ... xo

Thank you Joan for sharing  this, very appropriate today.

During WW2, my grandfather had shrapnel injuries to his back and buttocks, so sitting, understandably, was a problem. Apparently he didn't like idle hands, so whilest lying on his side, he learned how to knit, and he made a beige wool scarf in stocking stitch; there were a number of mistakes....... but he once told me that those were made on his bad days. I thought he meant when he was in pain, but no, it was when he was thinking about the horror that he had left behind and his pals that that wouldn't be returning home. The scarf was a reminder to him of how fortunate he was, and he wore it every winter for the rest of his life.

My grandmother knitted socks and balaclava hats for the soldiers in the Crimean and First World Wars.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The AUGUST 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

OCTOBER

Color Of The Month BLUE

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service