[HERE]

Through her FUNDRAISING EFFORTS

[HERE]

Through her CRAFTING

[HERE]

Views: 729

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A beautiful tribute to a remarkable lady.

She truly loved Knit a Square and its ideals of warming the children of South Africa. She will be missed on so many fronts, and even more behind the scenes.

My favorite KAS pattern to this day is the cuddle.  I still slip on in once a year even though they are not on the wish list.  Making cuddles kept me sane as I lived in an apartment for 6 weeks in between moving houses.  I think I cranked out about 10 of them.  I also enjoyed making her Hexagon sweater pattern.

Thanks, Glo for these  wonderful memories.

Amy, I also love the Hexagon sweater. Please, where can I get the pattern?

A red rose for Anne.

I didn´t know her as well as you did, but I loved her sense of humor very much.

What a thoughtful remembrance you have made, Karla.  "Anne's Rose" is beautiful and I know she would love it.  Thank you ... xo

What a beautiful tribute to Anne Gloria and what a beautiful square Karla. If you’re not turning it into a blanket Karla perhaps we could collect squares to go with it and make a memory blanket.  

Estelle, it is a beauty isn’t it? Please pop into ‘Corona Corner’ (the discussion that Anne started), as Karla’s square has inspired those who visit the corner, to make a square ‘for Anne’ while we are in lockdown x.

Thanks Chris I will. 

Anne would definitely have loved this square, Karla. That is beautiful work.

Karla, I thought I had thanked you, but I think my brain has taken the day off! I have no doubt that Anne would have been thrilled that you had made this beauty for her :))

Thank you, ladies. I´m glad you like it.

Online communities inevitably are names recurring and becoming familiar in a patchwork quilt pattern. This ties all the threads together. Thank you Gloria. This is a beautiful tribute to Anne. Her life was filled with purpose and passion. A KASAngel .

We've recently heard from Ronda of Anne's untimely passing.  This is a wonderful tribute to her as a person and the work she put in so tirelessly for KAS over the past 11 years. We recall her joining the community in February 2009 just after Lion Brand featured Knit-a-square as their charity of the month, and her enthusiasm and early love of KAS.  Anne worked with my mother, Zanny (Ronda's sister) to design what I seem to remember we called the Square Jumper, all made out of squares.  I'm reminded too by Helen Flagg's comments below of the wonderful KasCuddle and some of the fantastic photographs that we received of babies all lying together in rows looking so cosy and warm in them. She did not waver in her love of KAS and the work that Ronda and the team were doing in South Africa to warm orphaned and vulnerable children.  From your tributes, it's clear how much she was loved as a dear member of the KasFamily and that she will be greatly missed by everyone.  This comes with our sincere acknowledgement and gratitude for all she did for KAS, and deepest sympathies for all of you who'd come to know and love her over these years.  Sandy, Roger, Kalai and Cressida and Zanny.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2020

SHOP

NEW!
KAS Colouring Book

Featuring 3 original illustrations by South African artists

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2020 Squares List is available.

Visit the

2020 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2020 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2020

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

PATTERN OF THE MONTH

Free Patterns for

Chain Stitch Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns from

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2020   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service