Views: 5546

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Beautiful colour, Karen. And pattern.

Karen, your basketweave squares are just peachy!!!  I love the colour and the pattern.  Your work is so neat and the volunteers must love receiving your squares to stitch into a blanket :))

THANK YOU, Karen, for being a super host for our February theme.  You have guided our crafters to create stunningly bright and colourful squares.  Just imagine how beautiful the children's blankets will be when all these squares arrive at The Barn :) 

THANK YOU to every one of you who contributed your yarn, your time and your talent to this month's theme - a job well done!   xo

Such a pretty shade, Karen.  :))

LOVING the pattern...textures always add lots of interest to a blanket, I think.

Love the texture in these squares.   I am now convinced that you do, indeed, knit at lightening speed.

Shazam!

What a fun month Karen.  Thank you so much for your creativity, time and energy in making this month's theme so exciting and fun!

February 2021 Theme - Be Bold

4 mitre squares (really needed to be laid out properly flat...looking a bit shrunken and wavy)
7 pjs and 4 diagonal striped. Colours: neon pink and black.

Wow!! Short month, but it sure packed a lot of punch!!

You have been an outstanding host, Karen!! You sure managed to keep on top of things, plus provide us with lots of enjoyment and inspiration with your beautiful squares.

Thanks also to everyone who crafted or commented this month...it's been real fun!!

WOW Bev, I love these!  What a brilliant way to add smiles to a blanket.  Your stripes look like they're moving :))  Well done ... xo

Karen that was an amazing month with all of those fabulous squares and blankets. Thanks to each and every one of you we’re looking forward to your parcels arriving. 

PING PONG !! these are tremendous and must have made your eyes dance as you knit them Bev.  A very bold and strong contribution.    Cheers mate, K xx

Fabulous, Bev. I don't think I've ever made a striped knitted mitre square - perhaps that's something I should try for New to You!

Gorgeous Squares, Bev. I love the optical illusion and the pink and black go so well together.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2020

SHOP

WRAP 4 CHILDREN IN BLANKETS

This item will allow Knit-a-Square to pay our wonderful co-team workers – the Gogos (grandmothers) – to sew the squares received from across the globe into blankets for the children. $5 US will pay for 4 blankets to be stitched together.

THE KAS SHOP

SQUARES LIST

The March 2021 Squares List will be delayed. Our sincere apologies. Please visit the

2021 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2021 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2021

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

APRIL

Colour Of

the Month

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2021   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service