Here is the link to the KAS Facebook page should you like to visit it direct.

Views: 28826

Replies to This Discussion

From Liz Connelly, Keighley, Yorkshire :

IO have been with Knit a square since the begining and simply love doing the squares!

From KAS Facebook page from Jypsi - Australia

For my Christmas KAS package, I'm working on squares (As always!) but have knitted one Go-Over, brought about six packs of ten regular lead pencils, six boxes of coloured pencils and a pack of sharpeners, all to be taken out of their packages so there is no commercial value of course, and shipped (KMART had these for 50c and $3 respectively - so cheap!).... Also planning on knitting the rest of the squares that are already on needles and after that do some hats out of the rest of the GIANT bag of donated wool I received a while ago, finishing off my knitting year. Oh yes, and in this package I'm going through my own clothes (good quality) and toys, just so the kids have a little extra at Christmas. xx

From KAS Facebook page from Sue Drury - Australia

Today our first parcel started its journey. It is going via Daylesford as our local Lionesses have donated postage money for both. Parcel contains 220 x 8" squares, 28 jumpers, 2 ponchos, 60 hats and beanies and 4 pairs of socks. Also 44 x 4"squares and 24 rectangles that we were given and hope you can use.

KAS Facebook page message from Monica Lien Kjonso - Norway.

‎16 squares are on the way from Norway.

KAS Facebook message from Jana Benitez - Omaha, Nebraska :

Latest bunch of hats I pkgd up to ship out. 

Some Wool (donated Brown Sheep Yarn) and Some Acrylic.

From KAS Facebook page = Shirley Fagley  (USA I think)

I'm going to join and make this my project this winter!

Annette Jones said on Facebook :

Hi I have only just found the knit a square site and I am starting a crochet club, I work at a small primary school and the children are very excited to do this please tell me that I still have until July next year to do this

[Jana has kindly replied.]

Facebook message from Becky Warburton from Newcastle-upon-Tyne based in York.

Hiya I am really interested in getting involved with the scheme and was wondering how to do so. I work at York Students' Union and so are wanting to work with groups of students on this as well. Any info on what we need to do to get involved would be great. Thanks :)

Facebook message from Jessie Nelson (USA I think)

Starting on my first group of squares now.

Facebook message from Virginia Bennett - London (UK)  - have answered and informed Virginia about Jigsaw!

Just started crocheting squares a few days ago. I'll be sending a package along shortly. I live in London (UK). Is there a group nearby that I could take my squares to or should I just mail them off to S.A.?

Message from Linda Haley - London - Mary K. Lokken has kindly answered this request.  Two newbies from London in one day!

I've just found this page and would be happy to support, but I do crochet squares, is that ok? Live in West London, is there a place I deliver to or do I need to post? I have loads of 4" afghan squares that I made for baby blankets......too small and baby wool too thin I guess?

Facebook message from Jennifer Southcombe - Canada.

I think it's time to dig out my knitting needles! Anyone interested in knitting some squares?

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The AUGUST 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

SEPTEMBER

Color Of The Month GREEN

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service