KAS DISTRIBUTIONS

This discussion will focus on KAS distributions made between July and September 2021.  This is the coldest part of the year in South Africa.

Views: 1522

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How wonderful that these distributions are still being made, even if conditions are more difficult.   Thank you to everyone for taking the photos and videos.   It really is fun to see and hear the event.   

I can't help but add that I spotted two of my blankets in the last distributions, which is always such a thrill.  Thanks again.

Here are more photos from this distribution to Soweto on August 24.

From Athele:

Bringing colour and comfort to brighten the lives of these very economically disadvantaged children. One blanket, beanie, cuddly toy, pair of handwarmers, biscuit and an apple at a time.  Estelle McLeod and I are So grateful to all who contributed to make this KnitASquare distribution to 71 vulnerable children in Diepkloof, Soweto possible. Just in time for the last big freeze this weekend, before we can welcome Spring. Special thanks to Lister Nyembe who stretched his very precious resources to the maximum to bring these folk from his community together and for keeping us safe while we did our bit.

Blankets, squares and toys from the following contributors are pictured above: Wendy Hardy & Mum, Mili Kus, Heather Regenass, Sharon B., Cathy Riley, Joy Evans, Jayne Clifford, Judith Rose, Athele, Estelle, Vivienne, Melanie of the Misfits,

Marion Davies, Karen Gordon and many more.  Thank you for your support!

Sights from around this distribution.

So happy to know that my PJs are part of this distribution!

I enjoyed your Podcast episode, Joy. Really pleased you've seen some of your PJs in a blanket, and such a beautiful one.

I’m so happy that Kathy and I get to see the little elephant pillows we sewed in the hands of children.

2nd photo from the bottom, it looks like a couple of students have their soft toys tied on their backs using their blankets, like mothers would with babies? Or am I misinterpreting the photo??

So many beautiful blankets. I hope the children are warm at night with them.

You are exactly right Sadie.  Such a great way to carry beloved items and still have your hands free.

So the toys are precious to the older children too? 

Every time I see distribution photos, I wish I didn't need to work and could spend all my time making squares!!

More from Athele and this distribution:

Although KnitASquare’s primary aim is to reach the smallest and most vulnerable children in our impoverished communities, when we do distributions through folk who have targeted children in desperate situations we don’t discriminate against the bigger children. They are in many ways just as vulnerable and often the primary care givers themselves, coming as they do from single, incapacitated in one way or another parents or no parent households. Don’t be misled by the fact that these bigger children are clean and well presented in their uniforms. Often such homes have sacrificed a great deal for the uniforms which are generally on closer inspection ill fitting or threadbare. So grateful to everyone who made it possible for Estelle and me to warm this handful of children before the big freeze this weekend.

More blankets and squares from Ada Breeuwer, Sharon B, Clear Lake United Methodist Church, Marion Davies, Heather Regenass and the Misfits, Athele, Estelle, Cathy Riley, Wendy Hardy and her Mum and more.  There are so many fabulous color in this distribution!

Some beautiful blankets here, especially love the one in the second photo in the purples, greens and yellows, very eye catching. Gorgeous granny square ones as well.

I love to see children of any age in need, receiving a blanket. They deserve some love and care just as much as the little ones.

Tremendous - these children look happy...... and our crafting looks amazing x

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

NOVEMBER

Color Of The Month BROWN

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service