Views: 3607

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Which one are you, Mary?

I believe I'm somewhere in between weighing and buying new yarn.  I don't weigh my yarn for squares, but I certainly do when I'm working on a larger project.  For a shawl, for instance, I need to weigh to be sure I have enough to cast off with. However, for squares I just count on the fact that December will roll around and I can use up my bits and pieces in the end-of-year theme :))  Thanks, Patricia, for giving us that choice ... xo

While researching for another project, I noticed that some of my friends had made squares using a pattern like this.  I liked the idea and wanted to give it a go.  I've used the tail end of a ball here and I think it turned out quite nice.  Thanks so very much for inspiring me with your work :)

And, of course, this pattern fits with any theme but is a great one for using odments.  Very shortly before she left us, my dear friend encouraged me to make better use of this pattern ... she even walked me through a two-colour version which I love to make.  I don’t believe I'll ever be able to work this pattern without smiling at happy memories of Anne.

The change of colour adds yet another dimension to the two dimensional square, Gloria! Anne would love to think she was still making you smile.

SUPER neat squares, Glo!!

My personal fave of Anne's squares was the variation of this pattern in the one on the left below....

AUGUST 2013 CHALLENGE - Purple and rust

Oh Bev, thank you for this pic.  That is a beauty, eh.  That is the way Anne taught me to do the 2 colour ones.  I remember the day (doesn’t seem that long ago) that she suggested I try.

I told her, No thanks!  Too many ends to weave in."

She just laughed and said, "Grab your hook, girl ..."

So I did and with her guidance I discovered how easy it was to create beauties like that with only 3 ends and the tail :)) ... xo

Glo and Bev, have you seen this? http://www.forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/august-2012-challenge-zebr...

Anne asked me too how to make the stripes and  whether it was easy to make a striped square in this pattern and I said oh yes Anne VERY easy and gave her instructions too and Glo:  no ends to weave in for every row! xo

One row black,
One row white,
One square closer,
To a warm night.

xoxoxo

2012 was just before I started on my KAS journey so I've not seen this before, Anneke. Fabulous, as always.

Thank you so much Patricia xo. This photo gave me the inspiration to make the square :)

I have terracotta towels and a rug and door curtain - it's one of my favourite colours for soft furnishings!

It's one of my favourite colours too! :)

Oh Anneke, it seems I may have missed this one, all those years ago.

That is a BEAUTIFUL interpretive square....and your poem is just perfect and so 'on point'. I LOVE it.  xo

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The JULY Squares List is delayed.

Our sincere apologies.

~~~~~~~~~~

The JUNE 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

AUGUST

Color Of The Month LAVENDER

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service