Views: 3699

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I did manage a couple of two tone waffle squares for November, but preferred the ones with more colours! I always have an unrealistically long list of "next projects" to try, but it's better than being bored!

Patricia, what a clever and inspiring intro you have presented - definitely something we can all sink our hooks and needles into!!  Thank you for hosting us during this extra busy month.  I am looking forward to watching the work of my KASfriends as these pages fill up with gifts of love for the children.  Happy holiday preparations to you all ... xo

I came across this method of joining C2C squares as you go. How will I ever decide whether to make my Clear the Decks blankets in squares or stripes now? This one puts me in mind of Elmer the Elephant. Is Elmer known in other countries?

What a stunning blanket Patricia, so cheerful and beautifully made!

Elmer is know here too! Even a song in Dutch! here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJhGWVtGz_w

Even an Elmer toy:

You made my day Patricia, xo

What a jolly tune, Anneke. When we see videos like that I always wish we could share them with the children in South Africa.

I share your feelings about the videos for the little ones in SA Patricia. Children here have SO much to play with and an Ipad, TV, many toys, good schools with the most beautiful furniture and decorated walls and so on. I always have the deepest respect for the ladies who lead the kindergartens in SA, with so little teaching material they do so much for the vulnerable children. xo

This is a beautiful C2C blanket Patricia and this joining method is one of my favourite ways to make a blanket.  The colours are very Elmer!

Patricia, your blanket is really so cheerful. I love how you combine different colours. I don´t know if Elmer the Elephant is known in our country. I should ask my grandchildren.

Clever you, Patricia!!!......and I LOVE the colours in your BEAUTIFUL blanket.  :))

Elmer is a new-to-me elephant. I shall have to listen to the tune.  He looks very cute.  :))

A beautiful blanket Patricia, such cheery squares :))

WOWZERS!!    This blanket is a beauty.   I'd have difficulty deciding which style to make too if I were you.!  

Can I ask does anyone else weigh their small leftover balls before and after a section to work out how far it will go....?    I do!   

I've never done that, Karen, but it's actually quite a good idea. I'm more likely to start on a fresh ball unnecessarily - leading to yet more leftovers.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The AUGUST 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

OCTOBER

Color Of The Month BLUE

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service