Views: 4275

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I've been doing a similar exercise to Karen. In Corona Corner in September, Gloria referenced a challenge Anne Powell had set for herself to knit her way through her "bits bag". I decided to tackle my "bits bag" in the same way and have been working my way through it over the last couple of months (in amongst other projects of course!). This is what I started with:

and these are the squares I've made (24 in total).  So thank you Anne (and Gloria) for giving me the nudge I needed to empty a bag that's been hanging around for "The Longest Time".

Wow, Patricia, what an amazing collection - they are going to look fantastic in a blanket/blankets!  And isn't it a great feeling to use up all those 'bits'!

Wow Patricia, what a wonderful transformation from bits to 24 beautiful squares!!
I reckon Anne would be delighted with your achievement, and chuffed that together with her friend Glo, had given you the nudge you needed :))

WOW!!  What a gorgeous pile of warmth and color you turned your bag of bits into!  Good for you, Patricia.  Every one of these is a beautiful creation, but you just gotta admit that in the bottom photo, that blue square on top is the beautiful-est ... hahaha ... xo

What a funtastic collection, Patricia!  So happy go lucky, just dancing!

Right behind you on the accomplishment of your challenge Patricia!!!   These are sublime and well worth the time and effort you've taken to firstly knit the squares, and secondly for the sewing in of the ends time.   Rewarding, creative and fulfilling use of around 500g of leftovers ✔️✔️✔️⭐

I don't think I've done that much knitting for years, Karen, although I always had some crochet on the go if I needed a break. As for the ends, I also braved the magic knot for this project so we've been working in tandem!

Wehey!   That made me smile ✔️

Woo Hoo!! LOVING all the colours in your squares, Patricia...they really zinggggg.

Bits Bag Beauties!   And a whole lot of them.   You have been very busy, Patricia, and the results are so worth it.   Isn't it nice to know that Anne is still inspiring us to make beautiful things that will keep the children warm?   That makes me feel warm, too.

Some super striped squares from you and Karen this month, Patricia. 

In early 2019 I made a blanket in yarn that was an absolute joy to use, and a colour feast for the eyes. I kept looking but couldn’t find anymore. Earlier in 2020 when my sister was in a hospice, and when I wasn’t visiting her or crocheting I was looking for yarn online as ’retail therapy’. Then one day, I spotted this yarn on ebay, it gave me such a boost! I took a ball to the hospice to show my sister, who loved it and she commented that my mother and father would have loved the bright colours.

I have saved my lovely yarn for this month, I have added some royal blue as this was the favourite colour of both my parents and my sister. So this is a Christmas present for the three people that I have loved and lost, but are still with me in so many ways.

Our umbrella theme for 2020 has been JOY, so I hope this colourful blanket will bring a little joy as well as warmh to the child who receives it.

The colours aren’t true in the blanket photo, but the closer photo is right.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

DECEMBER

Color Of The Month RED

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service