Views: 4275

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

What great photos!  Love the blanket, Gloria, and glad it is still being used, as it should be.  Sorry the surprise was ruined, but not a disaster, I hope.

The fun pic of you and Anne is a real treasure.   Thank you for sharing with us.   I can't keep the big grin off my face.

I think this blanket fits into the theme of The Unforeseen.   I bought the yarn online when even the closeout yarns were discounted an extra amount.   Didn't have plans for any of it, but knew it would all get used sometime.  When it arrived, I was unpacking the box, putting the yarn into a large basket, in no particular order, but once the basket was full, I looked at the color arrangement and thought it would work as a KAS blanket, so worked it up just as it was in the basket, with some white to show off the other colors.  

Sharon this is a triumph, accidental colourways or not!    Very clean cut, neat and crisp looking.   It makes me think of a beach towel.... Oh I'd give anything for a sunshine holiday beside a pool or the sea.   It has been cold, windy and snowing here today.......

Yes, those colours definitely have a summery feel to them. Sometimes you can spend ages planning which colours would look good together and sometimes it just happens. Gorgeous blanket, Sharon.

We woke up to quite a heavy layer of snow this morning but it's all melted now - which means flooding on the roads. Oh, for some sun.

Sharon, this is a beautiful creation!  The colours fell in exactly the right places, I think. Good for you :)))

I can definitely relate to buying yarn with no project in mind when it's on sale.  This is why I like making squares for KAS.  We don't need several balls of the same colour or type for a project.  One is plenty for a square ... or several!  And when there's only one left at the store or outlet, often the price tag is extra appealing ... xo

Like Karen, this reminds me of a beach towel......you sure know how to make beautifully coordinated blankets, Sharon, even by 'accident'.  :))

Well, I think the sun must be over an ocean somewhere. We went to a town about a half hour away, yesterday and got poured on while driving. Today is overcast and windy, but by Tuesday it will be 34C, so I'm guessing it's on its way to Oz.  :))

Yes, exactly, Gloria.   That lone last ball, marked down to get it out of store inventory is perfect for us KAS-folk.

Sorry to tell all of you looking at dreary grey skies, but here in Arizona, the sky is bright blue with not a cloud in sight.   That is part of the reason we moved here.

December 2020 Theme - Better Late Than Never

I finished knitting the 10 squares in early October (for Karen's September theme), sewed on the appliques up to #4 and have just now finished sewing on the numbers...better late than never!!

That's the whole point of this theme, Bev. Great squares - as ever.

Your counting squares are wonderful, Bev.   The little girl is too precious for words. 

Do I detect a certain color theme on the other 3 squares???   A person might think you were the girl who likes pink!

I think you're jumping to conclusions, somewhat, Sharon.....I don't know where you got the idea that I like pink....hahaha.....stay tuned, there could be more....hahaha.

wink, wink.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

DECEMBER

Color Of The Month RED

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service