Views: 4275

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Yep, think it's same thing - I used YouTube...

You did well, Karen...these squares are GREAT!!

Super intro Patricia.

A bit of red and green for Christmas :)  One square, different angles - just an illusion ;)  ... xo

Beautiful, Gloria. You'll have us all holding our squares up in the air to see if we can do this!

A great Christmas Square, Gloria.   Is it Swing Knitting?

Thanks, ladies.  Sharon, this is a simple illusion square I designed when I was first getting into Illusion Knitting.  It's so easy, it's crazy.  It's simply:

You will need:

Dark Yarn (I used green)

Light Yarn (I used red)

I used a medium worsted and 3.5mm needles for a tighter knit, which his best for Illusion Knitting.

Pattern:

With Dark yarn, cast on multiple of 4+2 (I used 34 sts)

With Dark Yarn

Row 1:  K

Row 2: K4, *P2, K2* ... repeat to last 2 sts, K2

With Light Yarn

Row 3:  K

Row 4:  K2, *P2, K2* ... repeat to end

Repeat Rows 1 to 4 to desired length then cast off.

Look straight down on the square and the lines run side to side.  Get down and look across the square (as a child would see it when laying down and looking across a blanket) and the lines run top to bottom.

I'd love to see some more of these.  Anyone who is ambitious (more ambitious than I am at the moment :) could even make a whole blanket, either square by square, or in one piece :) ... xo

That is sooo clever, Glo!! I LOVE it!! A Christmas surprise.  :))

I remembered a photo from a few years ago of Gloria with some of her wonderful illusion work. Here is it for members who haven't seen it before:

Oh my goodness, Patricia, how sweet that you remembered this.  This was taken at my first face-to-face meeting with Anne - the day I found out first-hand what an incredibly warm, loving and fun woman she was :)))

Afterward, Anne and I had a great laugh over these photos.  Her daughter Wendy had taken the photos and videos and she posted them on the forum.  Somewhere in the comments it was noted that this was a blanket I was making as a surprise gift for someone.

Well ... that 'someone' was my son - the son that I was on my way from Nova Scotia to visit in Alberta.  I was trying to finish it on my way to see him.  He's not a member of the forum, but did at that time check the photos now and then.  Of course, he checked out this blanket and ... well ... so much for the surprise ... hahahaha 

It all turned out okay in the end because I ended up adding more than the maple leaves (at his request) and he loved it.  He still does :)  Here is the finished blanket.

Unfortunately, I didn't have enough stitches to space "Maple" and "Leafs" far enough apart :( 

Wow!! Spectacular surprise, Glo....LOVE it!!

He obviously loves blue like his mama...or maybe he didn't have a choice.....hahahahaha.  xo

I'm so glad I posted this, Gloria, as we've now seen the completed blanket in all its glory. Another memorable image from that day:

I think we can tell that you quite liked each other!

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

DECEMBER

Color Of The Month RED

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service