Welcome to the theme for December:

CLEAR THE DECKS

I'm sure we all have bags or boxes that look like this:

Look at each ball carefully.

Is there enough yarn left to make 1 Plain Jane?

No? Then maybe a 2 colour stripe or diagonal,

a 3 colour stripe, or a granny square?

Or, if you're thinking big, how about taking inspiration from this masterpiece?

Celebrating Yarn November Theme 2018

(Take a bow, Amy from the USA).

Of course it may be that you have a pile of squares waiting for the ends to be darned in. This is the month to finish them off and get them sent to South Africa.

If you like making hats, hand-warmers or toys, this is also the month for you as these are ideal uses for those partially used balls of yarn.

Hats and Handwarmers

Pattern on the Month 12-15

So, no excuses -

there's something for everyone this month -

and think how good it will feel to Clear those Decks!

You will find the Album for this month at:

http://square-circle-forum.ning.com/photo/albums/december-2019-theme-clear-the-decks

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• After a morning sewing in all the ends of wool here's my last, and very late, contribution to this theme:

3805233415?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Those are fabulous Karen...amazing colours!

• I hope you had some good music playing while you did this, Karen - I find that makes the task a little easier! These are beautiful - thank you so much.

• WOW!! Just BEAUTIFUL, Karen!! Oh dear, all those ends......but with a fab end result.  :))

Sadly, I am still trying to 'clear the decks'.  :((

• Patricia,

Thank you so much for such a fun and active theme this month.  It was great to see the variety and creativity of our contributors.

Hats off to you!!

• 3795609875?profile=RESIZE_710x

You did a great job hosting Patricia, thank you Xx.

I have a lot less in my stash now!

• I've really enjoyed my first time hosting a theme, which is just as well because I've volunteered for two months next year! Thank you to everyone for joining in so enthusiastically and making my job such a pleasure.

• You gracefully presided over "Operation Destash" December 2019 like a PRO!!
      Many Thanks, Patricia 
      Happy 2020! 
      3795592478?profile=RESIZE_710x
  • My last two squares for 2019.  with many thanks, Patricia,  for inspiring us to "Clear the Decks".  With best wishes for the New Year  to all the KAS team.  We look forward to a happy year ahead of knitting and crocheting to give the children colour, warmth and love. 3795449367?profile=RESIZE_710x

3795448876?profile=RESIZE_710x

Happy New Year, The New Year 2020, 2020

• Both very pretty, Susan :))  Happy New Year to you and all my KAS sisters ... xo

This reply was deleted.