SQUARE ANGEL AWARD

Edited this month by Gloria Grandy 

(in cahoots with Linda Maltby and Anne Powell)

The Square Angel Award for December 2014 is for

Pam Antink - St. Albans, UK 

Do you know Pam?  

Of course you do!  You meet her every time you sign in to the Square Circle Forum … read an edition of KasSnippets … jump up and down in excitement when you spot one of your squares in South Africa … read about the wonderful work of JAM… 

That rose you see on her profile is only a small part of Pam.

I believe that rose is just her nose.

Pam is actually a whole rosebush!

Roses, roses everywhere and not a single thorn! 

Pam’s brain is the one that organizes and lays out the information for our fantabulous monthly newsletter, KasSnippets, so that we don’t miss out on any of the KAS news. 

Her fingers are the ones that maintain our Facebook page, transferring important and interesting items from other Facebook pages for our benefit. 

It’s Pam’s  hands that place every item into the correct slot while she heads up the Moderator Team, keeping them in line, streamlining our monthly themes for each year, sliding in Ronda's wish list, keeping the tallies correct, and monitoring the height of our squares in the “Reaching Great Heights” challenge. 

Our Pam is a member of the KASCare Board OZ 

It’s Pam’s arms that reach out to South Africa and the Forum Members, making sure we stay closely connected.  Numerous e-mails and Skype sessions are necessary in order to keep us all “in the loop”. 

Her lovely voice “speaks” to us each time she adds an encouraging comment on our photos, letting us know she is right there and keeping in touch.  Her laughter rings each time she shares a humorous post in our Share a Yarn discussion.   Her smile shines each time she cheers us on as we reach yet another milestone.

Her love of the children is obvious as she maintains and posts the numerous photos of distributions, Sorted in South Africa, JAM makeovers that we all love to look at and read about.

Pam’s patience is in evidence as she offers helpful suggestions and answers endless questions during her day-to-day supervision of the Forum.

In fact, if it weren’t for our Square Angel Pam, would we even have our beloved Square Circle Forum?

Next time you spot one of your squares or items being “sorted in South Africa”, remember that Pam is the KASangel who put the photo there for you to see!

She is a gatherer for St. Thomas West Exe community, which means sewing in endless numbers of  tails on donated squares.

In her "spare" time, Pam assists the new owner of her former business, volunteers for promotional events like Yours Live, does speaking engagements to promote KAS, weaves … 

... and when possible, she likes to take a run to Leominster to visit family.

As you can plainly see, Pam is not just another pretty petal.  Here  is a small sample of her beautiful handwork. 

Thank you, Pam, for the tremendous effort you put into keeping us so well informed, keeping our Square Circle Forum on an even keel, charting our course for each new year … and even allowing us to deviate once in a while :)

Please take a look through Pam’s photo pages for gorgeous pictures from various distributions and discussions.

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenName=0g81fbaydfulw&xgi=&test-locale=&exposeKeys=&xg_pw=&xgsi=&groupId=&groupUrl=&xg_disable_customizations=&page=1

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Pam, I am very sorry I was so busy in December I didn´t mention The Square Angel Award for December 2014.  Congratulations for all you´ve done for us and KAS...

• Huge congratulations to you Pam, massive thanks for the amazing work and support you provide endlessly - you are a very inspiring ladyxx
  • 2965209445?profile=originalA soooo well deserved award Pam! Congratulations! I know you like it more to be "in the back-office" but it is so great that these three ladies have honoured you in this way! Thank you for your continuing support! Hugs and love :) 

• OMG !  really what a beautiful description of Pam, Congratulations Pam ! love those pretty images in appreciation and the creditable work you have been doing! ! Great job

• Congratulations Pam - I can't think of anyone more deserving of this award.  I should add to the accolades that Pam is a regular visitor to us up here in the wilds of Shropshire and gives freely of her time and support for our fundraising activities, not to mention driving around the UK visiting other forum members when there's something to be done or collected or delivered or......(you get the idea).  Thank you Pam for everything you do. 

• Thanks, Elaine for the further insight as to Pam's whereabouts.....I just thought she was on one long holiday, now that she has sold her business........just kidding, Pam.....REALLY, JUST KIDDING!!!!!! 

Pam is very supportive of us all....her energy and commitment is what keeps our hooks and needles going.  :))

• Heartfelt congratulations, you are a star.

• Perfect Honoree!  Pam, you do so many wonderful things for our beloved KAS, and we are so thankful for all of it.  So happy you are being recognized for all your devotion.  Congratulations - and love!

• Well deserved Pam - you provide so much of the glue between the various bits that make up the whole of KAS.
    As for the team who kept you in the dark,top marks! They would probably qualify for under over work with distinction!
  • What a wonderful lady you are and very deserving of such an award.

This reply was deleted.