KAS Sisters, here we are, living a global nightmare, with almost every country in the world affected. We are all worried, many of us fall into the vulnerable senior group, and it seems the ‘new normal’ is to stay away from people, go out as little as possible, just hunker down and hope we and our loved ones don’t succumb to the virus.

Fortunately, our Forum is one of the safest places we can be.  We can reach out to our friends, chat, share our feelings about this pandemic and how it is temporarily changing our lives.  We can share ideas on how we are protecting ourselves as much as possible, how we are managing to keep from going nuts if quarantined, and maybe, just maybe, we can even find something to giggle about in the midst of this tragic event.  In other words, anything goes.

I hope we can fight this pandemic, armed only with knitting needles, crochet hooks, balls of yarn, our sense of compassion, and even our sense of humour.  I hope we can share our feelings in this safe place where no viruses can go (unless your computer has one).  It’s OK to express frustration or fears, and it’s OK to rejoice if you feel like it.  None of us have ever faced anything like this before – let’s get through it together, ’cause that’s what Kas Sisters do.

Views: 9158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh,how frustrating, Gloria!  The answer to your final question, in my case, is that I've had much more practice at ordering yarn - and also that it's a pleasure rather than a necessity :))  Stay well, and I hope you have more success with your shopping,   xx

Here's something I recently discovered and I want to share it with you.  I am using the free version, but if you want more features you can get the purchased version.  I'm considering ... maybe ... but we'll see.  Anyway, it's an app called Knit Companion.  It's great if your pattern has a lot of repeat rows or you're following a chart.  I use it when I am working on my illusion knitting patterns because there are so many rows to keep track of.  This program makes it super easy to follow the pattern and not lose your place!

Here's a link to a tutorial by Staci Perry at VeryPinkKnits.  She has done two tutorials, and this is the first one, an introduction::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWJkr4vieJs&list=PLUv37jBrlCtK_...

Sounds like a great idea, Glo.

OK,OK, I admit it... I am a Neil Diamond FREAK. Can you blame me?

I have every record he ever made, attended every concert he performed in Toronto... and he still give me the shivers.

Neil has retired now - he is suffering from Parkinson's Disease - but he is still amazing.

He wrote new words to one of my favourites - Sweet Caroline.

You can swoon, listen and dance to the original here

And you can hear the new caronavirus words here

THANK YOU NEIL DIAMOND!!!

I LOVE it Anne!!!  Sorry, but I had to chuckle - a lot!! Thank you for sharing ... xo

Anne, have you watched Big Bang Theory? There's a great episode where two of the characters discover a shared love of Neil Diamond:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4nuqS1nH7M

Thank you Patricia!  I LOVE the Big Bang Theory - thought I had seen every episode, but I hadn't seen that one!  I highly recommend that clip to anyone reading this... wonder if I'm more like Amy or Howard???  What a hoot!

No internet - again! - for the past week, just when we need it most, adding to the stress and anxiety.  Problem now partially resolved, so my first treat was to catch up with KAS.  All the positivity and humour here was just the tonic I needed - KAS sisters are AWESOME!

Glad you got to pop in for a peek, Lesley.  How frustrating it is to be so cut off from your KAS sisters!  I've been in that situation so I can empathize with you.  Hopefully you are able to stay connected now.  I totally agree with you that our KAS sisters are AWESOME! 

THERE MUST BE OTHER SONGS ABOUT SELF-DISTANCING ON YOUTUBE BESIDES NEIL DIAMOND'S.

GOT ANY 'LONELY' FAVES?  LET'S JAZZ THIS DISCUSSION UP!

How about Stings Don't Stand So Close to Me.

Dionne Warwick's Walk on By.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The JULY Squares List is delayed.

Our sincere apologies.

~~~~~~~~~~

The JUNE 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

AUGUST

Color Of The Month LAVENDER

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service