Coffee Morning and Lunch in Purton

Today I was chauffeured by my son Andrew to a village called Purton, in Wiltshire, UK. On arrival we were greeted by Louise Tidman and Jude and then we met some of the wonderful team of crafters who support KAS. Louise had organised a great fund raising event: a coffee morning, with a variety of stalls including cakes, books, bric-a-brac and  super raffles. There was also a great display of items ready for shipping to SA and new cards from the Kas shop were on sale. About 80 people were at the coffee morning, sat around little tables busy chatting. It was very clear that it was a team effort with many willing hands playing their part, 'a well oiled machine' comes to mind!

Sharon Fennell was also visiting and was busy in the kitchen helping to prepare lunch! It was lovely to meet and chat to Sharon, another KAS sister who is passionate about KAS SA :)))

About 60 people enjoyed lunch (I didn't count, as I knew my number crunching son would), with a home made pudding, then more tea and coffee.....and a bit more chatting! I bribed Andrew to chauffeur me today, with the promise of cakes from the cake stall, and lunch; but I'm guessing he will volunteer if there is another KAS fundraiser in Purton! Yes, the cakes and lunch were delicious, but what stood out for us, was the wonderful community spirit that we saw and felt.

I have no idea how much money was raised, I'm guessing Louise has done well to boost the fund for the postage costs for her prolific crafters; but even without knowing that, the day was an amazing success, a community working together to support KAS. 

I am still smiling...........

Thank you all!

Just before we left, Andrew 'snaps' 4 KAS sisters: Louise, Chris, Jude and Sharon.

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Chris, thanks for the excellent photos.  I could not help noticing that Louise and Jude featured a selection of sets of KAS note cards for sale (complete with envelopes) as part of their fundraising efforts. What a great idea!

I imagine that our three new sets of cards: two sets with South Afican Wildlife and a set we call Flower Series will be a hit next time they hold an event like this.

2965358693?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• How wonderful! You ladies rock! How did I miss this on the first go round. Glad I saw it today. Congrats for a job well done.

• I'm sure the new sets of cards would sell well at fund raising events, or even in sets for sale at Church events or available for sale after church services. They are beautiful photos that would appeal to men and women of all ages :))

• A fabulous day in  Purton ! I am jealous ! The cards are a great idea !

• Great work ladies. I am sure it was very tiring but well worth all the effort. A fantastic amount of money raised. I would have loved to be there, but live too far away to make a morning. Perhaps the afternoon event in June. Well done everyone.
    • Oh Cath that would be lovely!

• We would love to see you Cath, Chris and Sharon didn't tell you I am in charge of car parking as well!

• Sorry for the ommission Jude! In addition to crafting and being heavily involved with the fund raiser, Jude allowed us to park at her home, as car parking is so limited near the hall. So with more cars next time, I think perhaps a fluorescent high visability jacket and cap is needed for Jude.........I'll mention it to Louise on her return from holiday :)))

You are a star Jude!                          1590825591?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• I have a high viz jacket but not the hat, I am sure you could crochet me one!  Just come back from visiting John's family in Bulwell and Hucknall so I bought some wool in Aldi in Bulwell and more in Masson Mills near Ambergate.  Managed to do some homework whilst I was away, Louise will be soooooooooo pleased(I hope)

• CONGRATULATIONS!!  Just wonderful to see you all.  A great read, Christine.  Fabulous teamwork, Louise and Jude.  Sharon, I thought you were a little shy hiding behind Jude. 

This reply was deleted.