CHRISTMAS FUN THE KAS WAY

CHRISTMAS FUN - LET’S SHARE WITH ONE ANOTHER

Here we are, a community of friends from all around the world, but even though we get to know one another here on the Forum, we never get to "drop in" on one another.

This discussion is meant to invite our KASfriends into our homes for a bit of a Christmas celebration.

Please post some of your favourite things here so we can all enjoy them

Ideas

- a photo of your Christmas tree

- photo of your favourite Christmas decoration

- your favourite Christmas recipe

- a Christmas family tradition

- the silliest gift you have ever given or received

- your funniest Christmas ‘disaster’

- something unique about Christmas in your country

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good morning 2014 from Don and me.

2965103664?profile=RESIZE_320x320It looks like I'm looking up at the camera ... LOL  We tried holding the camera out and taking our own picture.  It's not very easy to do it that way :))) 

• Gloria I think you did very well hon.  My 2nd youngest has it down pat, she takes great "selfies" with friends etc.  My husband tried it and came out washed out with a grimace that would scare a cat!  If I suddenly get courageous I might post one of me up here, but no promises!

• Hee hee.....thank you for trying, anyway......so nice to see the whole of your face....and Don, too, of course.

Well the first day of 2014 is nearly over already here in OZ...looks like being another fast moving year.....LOL!!!!!

• At the risk of sounding "sappy" I would like to say a big THANK YOU to everyone in KASville.  May I also add that I LOVE living here!  We have such great "neighbors", don't we?

This year, since finding you in April, has been so wonderful for me.  I feel more fulfilled, I have "met" so many wonderful ladies, and my spare time has become so useful and much more enjoyable.  I think, as they say about the Grinch, my heart grew two sizes this year :))

There are so many charities that can use help, so we have to choose one or two and do our best for them.  I'm so glad I found KAS  and thankful to be able to count myself as a member of this incredibly loving team ... to say nothing of being able to learn so much from each and every one of you as you share your talents so freely.

I so enjoy seeing the pictures of everyone's work, but especially the pictures of the smiles it creates on the faces of the dear little ones who receive it.

Just a couple of pics … of our Christmas tree …

2965102996?profile=RESIZE_320x320

… and one of Don's gifts to me.

2965103192?profile=RESIZE_320x320I can now make a tunisian knit stitch (which creates an extra thick fabric) cuddle or sweater in the round.

Don also gave me a set of interchangeable square knitting needles (they're still on back order) which are supposed to be better for anyone with joint problems or arthritis.  I can’t wait to try them.

I am having a drop-in family day tomorrow, so must prepare.  But I hope to slow down enough to snap a pic of Don and I together before 2013 ends, and will post a pic of us :))) 

A HAPPY AND BLESSED NEW YEAR EVERYONE  xo

• I agree, we love having you with us Gloria, it wouldn't be the same without you.  What a pretty tree, I love how it's got bits of everything on it like ours has, much more interesting to look at I think, even though I greatly admire "designer trees".  

Way to go on receiving the Tunisian hooks since Ronda wants warm long sleeved garments for their upcoming winter and that type of "knitted fabric" would be superb for that.  I think I have a Tunisian hook or two of my own sitting around.  Perhaps after I finish this knitted Go-Over I just started I will give it a go.  I'm pleased with how the garter stitch square is coming up so warm and windproof right now.  Yes, I've given it several good puffs and no drafty holes at all so far.  Yaay!  

I've heard of the square knitting needles, do give us a review of them after they arrive and you've had a chance to give them a test drive, as it were. :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours and to everyone here.  I too have found some lovely people here and I'm so very glad to know all of you.  You brighten my days immensely!

love,

Jeanne xoxoxo

• Thank you, ladies.  I certainly will give a "review" of my square needles.  Right now the review is, "I can't wait until I get them !!!"  ... LOL 

I have been playing with my interchangeable hooks and they seem really nice.  A little different to get used to, but I believe it will go smoothly once I "cotton" on :))  The nice thing about them is that you can connect a long cord with a stopper/disc at the end and work in the round with just one hook, or you can attach another hook instead of the stopper and work back and forth that way (I think it's called a crohook).  Or you can just use them as crochet hooks.  So it really is a versatile set.  Can you tell I'm excited about them?  LOL

I'll keep you posted on the needles xo

• Oh, so glad that you are enjoying your new toys, Gloria .... uh, um, I meant to say "tools"! 

And can't wait to see what warm and wonderful things they will produce!  Your work is always fun, creative and full of imagination, so these new tools will surely spark something exciting! 

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season, and wish you all a happy and healthy new year.

PS ... love the photo! 

• Ha Ha Ha, Sharon ... at this point, they seem like toys ... LOL  I'm soon going to start "working" with them, though.  I've almost got it down pat :))

• I have a cro-hook here, a long crochet hook with a hook at both ends, no cable inbetween so it's limited as to the size I could make something.  My friend and I were both sitting there last night at another friend's house, enjoying the snacks and hors d'oeuvres and knitting away, both with red yarn. She's making herself a historically accurate Voyageur's Toque...basically like a long football shaped tube that you felt then fold in half, tucking one half inside the other to make a double thickness cap.  She is Metis so the North American Fur Trade history is in her background.  (Metis means half Native, half French Canadian)

Mind you in the pattern, which I looked at, they call it Fulling not Felting....and it looks like it is done historically by hand with quite a bit of vigor.  So I guess one takes out one's grievances on the hat as one "beats it up" with soap and hot water?  She ordered the wool from Paton's which promises this wool will felt but both she and I are leery since it also says "washable" on the label.  Mind you it does say don't put it in the dryer so we have hope it will indeed shrink down and mat up some....if not she'll have one very large hat as of course you make them 1 1/2 to 2 times bigger than needed so it can shrink down to what you want. :)

• I am  curious to know how the hat works out. In my early KAS days I thought I would do some felting and washed and dried a second hand jumper that came out bright and shining and no smaller after several goes at the washing and in the dryer. I have never felted since !

Btw I am  back from India after being there for my youngest son's wedding. No internet anywhere that we could find ! Still a bit travel frazzled and no pics yet.

This reply was deleted.