Christmas 2011 can you believe it?

Hello to all our dear forum members,

I know that the McDonald's have been very quiet for some time in the forum so I am writing to apologise and say hi! As usual none of us have enough hands, brains, eyes, ears or mouths to keep up with everything, however in the New Year we hope to change that.

We really would love to up the forum chatter again, it's sad when we don't hear from people as often. So, tell me, what is happening for you all over the Christmas New Year period? I know that not everyone celebrates Christmas/New Year, but hopefully you'll all have some time off at the end of a busy and terrifyingly quick year!

We are off camping again this weekend. Two weeks of nothing (actually I say that but camping turns out to be a lot of hard work!), well apart from beaching, eating, drinking, avoiding spiders and snakes, long drops, no showers and best of all no technology!!

Love to you all x x x

Oh and a BIG, HUGE thank you to Pam Antink for all the work she's been doing in the forum and on our facebook page to help us keep up. Thank you Pam x x x

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well I haven't been in touch for a while so sorry about that. Hope you all had a happy, peaceful or perfect Christmas in what ever form it took. I may not have been on the forum but I promise I have been crocheting like a trooper to get as many blankets to Jigsaw as possible. Now that the Jigsaw collection is over I am trying to use up my hat yarns by doing as many hat loom hats as I can manage. Getting through the stash quite well so will start posting soon.

Happy new year to all.
    Jeni

• Jeni, way to go! Happy New Year to you!  I'm going to start on some Jewel Squares today. 

• Slightly belated Merry Christmas (or whatever celebration you are having) to everyone! I hope you have had a peaceful, enjoyable time whatever you are doing, wherever you are doing it (with hopefully no spiders or snakes, I certainly haven't seen any about-lots of elves though!:) ) I am sure that we are all looking forward to time with our needles and hooks as a festive treat!

So glad to have you all as my KAS friends,

Charis xx

• A quiet Christmas planned here, just me and my Mum on Christmas day, though we did have dinner with some friends last week and will probably see others in the day or two following.  As it is summer here in Australia we usually have a salad (too hot to slave over the stove LOL), though I did make sticky date puddings for dessert.  I also made my Boiled Pineapple Fruit cake, wouldn't be Christmas for us without it, I have been making it every year for  at least the last 28 years now.

I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Holiday season and may our knitting/crochet needles run hot for the New Year!

2964996432?profile=original

• Well as of this evening we are officially going to be spending the month of Oct. 2012 in Australia...it will be land touring and a few days in a resort on the ocean...so we should see lots of the life that the outback people love...what I am really looking forward to is the Great Barrier Reef and the Glacier Region...wonder if after a month we will come back with that wonderful accent....LOL....into the history books Terry and I will descend so that we are not completely brain dead on the area....could it be that there is hope of meeting Sandy and her family???? The blessings of our Lord...are more...then we realize with the up and down of life happening....but my Christmas prayer is that you capture your moments of blessings.....Merry Christmas Terry and Paulette

• That's exciting Paulette, keep in touch and let us know what your plans are. We will possibly be going away for Mum's 60th in October but nothing is set in stone right now. We'd love to see you if you're heading down south x x x

• Paulette, what a wonderful holiday !  A month will certainly immerse you in the Australian lingo.  I do hope you are able to get together with Sandy and Kalai.  

We'll look forward to photos and details of your holiday when you return.  

Merry Christmas !

•  hI  Kalai,

I am one of those that havent wrote for a bit. Hope you have a good camping trip and all members have a Happy Xmas and all the best for 2012. Sandraxx

• I'll be having a quiet Christmas day with my husband and Megan, our mad springer spaniel.  Boxing day we're going to Wrexham to meet up with my husband's family then, after Christmas, we'll be joined by a friend and her twin 11 year old sons (our Godsons) who'll be staying for New Year.  It should be great fun having them around; the boys are at such a lovely age.  I know it won't be long before they enter the "grunt" phase so we're enjoying their youthful enthusiasm whilst we can!

In between times, I'll be doing lots of crochet.  I'm in the middle of making a hat at the moment as well as a tiny teddy and I really must finish the go-over I started before the squares took over.  When I'm not doing that, I shall be sorting out tombola prizes for the Yours Live stand.  Yes, it's going to be a KAS-Christmas!!

Whatever you're doing this Christmas, I hope it's a happy one.  Stay safe if you're travelling; keep warm if you're on this side of the world and keep cool if you're down under! 

Q.   What do I want for Christmas?  

A.   Peace and joy to you all and may KAS continue to thrive and grow. 

xxx

• Wherever we are, whatever we are doing this Christmas - I am sure it is all the better for knowing we are part of the KAS family.  As has been said before, helping the children brings us all such rewards.

I will be having a quiet Christmas with just husband and dog - but I have had four wonderful lunches this week with family and very good friends who are all my blessings.  I have to say that no-one has had a Christmas card from me yet as finishing and packing squares has sort of been a major hobby these last few weeks - but everyone will get a jolly email at least and there can be no better pastime than getting squares to SA to do some good.

My Christmas treat is going to be knitting a wild animal or three out of a super new knitting book that I treated myself too - but have not yet had time to try.  I am just trying to decide whether to start with the monkey, the elephant, the giraffe or the warthog!!!

How wonderful technology is that we can all be in touch here from all around the globe.

Wishing everyone peace and joy wherever you are in the world.

Pam J

xxx

This reply was deleted.