This month KAS is looking to the skies for inspiration for our squares, blankets, hand-warmers, beanies and cuddly soft toys.

Planets, stars, the sun,

the moon, rainbows,

clouds, and anything in the sky.

Then there is the Zodiac.

Chinese New Year Symbols

And so much more to explore!

Be as creative as you can be.  Remember, there are appliques and all sorts of techniques that you can use to embellish your squares and blankets, beanies and hand-warmers.

Also, the most important square to any KAS blanket is the Plain Jane, PJ, as it is the perfect background for all other squares.

We can not wait to see your amazing creations.

Our pattern of the Month is from the KAS Pattern Book.

Diagonal Square

https://st2.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3028683667?profile=...

Celestial Sensations Photo Album

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• September 2019 Theme - Celestial Sensations

A little late. Have had the squares knitted for days...procrastination strikes again. As usual, I didn't achieve everything I wanted this month, but simply had to do these star squares and include this song from when I was but a very wee lass.....My Mum loved the crooners, such as Perry Como, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin and Val Doonican.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VJlHWESyLI

• Love these stars Bev. 

• These are lovely squares - and we all know there is no such thing as "late" , just "beautifully completed" !    You cannot rush perfection in my opinion.

• These are dazzling! What a perfect song.

Thanks for all your contributions to this theme.

• 3655883731?profile=RESIZE_710x

Thank you for hosting THREE themes this year, Amy.....you are a star!!

• A couple of lovely sparklers, I love this yarn for a night sky! A perfect song for these squares.

As for the crooners you mentioned Bev, they bring back happy memories, I can remember my mum singing along with them. Her favourite was Val Doonican, she loved his jumpers and thought he was ’homely’ :))

• I chose a different pattern for the next two hats, because I had almost run out of variegated yarn.

Saturn Hat:

3647405798?profile=RESIZE_710x

Twilight Hat:

3647405592?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Beauties - you're hancrafting is supremely neat ✅

• These are too cute.

This reply was deleted.