CELEBRATIONS - MAY 2021

We will explore different CELEBRATIONS that are uniquely South African throughout the month.

We hope that you join the journey to see other

aspects of South Africa; heritage, food, music and traditions.

Theme Album can be found here:

http://www.forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/celebations-may-2021

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 9110824895?profile=RESIZE_710x

This blanket was made by a good friend Pat who usually crochet borders my blankets.   She took delight in making all of the coloured squares in different stitches.   I felt she revelled in looking up lots of stitches and patterns that she had never tried before.   A triumph worth celebrating!

• Well done Pat, your endeavour has produced so many colourful, interesting squares in this blanket. Your borders on Karen’s blanket’s are always the icing on Karen’s well made cakes!

• Good on ya', Pat!! A DELIGHTFUL collection of colour and texture, which one lucky little one is going to enjoy.  :))

• That's my sort of celebration - I love finding new patterns to try. Well done, Pat.

• What a good idea and what a lovely blanket as a result.

• What  a joy it is to read about this blanket, Karen.   So glad Pat enjoyed the process and hope she wants to continue.   It really is a joyful learning experience for us crafters, with the added benefit of a warm blanket at the end!

• At true celebrations for sure.  I lesson on crochet stitches and how every color under the rainbow goes together.

Please thank Pat for all of us at KAS>

• 9110803072?profile=RESIZE_710x9110803299?profile=RESIZE_710x

Late additions to this theme but my time has been very restricted lately.

Firstly some hats and a pair of handwarmers based around the CoM colour green.

The blanket is made with 5 balls of Bonus Buzz interspaced with some black aran stripes which firm the shape together well, then a knitted border and the final flourish is a crocheted border done by a very good friend.

• I love this blanket, blocks of variegated + black stripes = a beautiful, bold blanket :))
      The hats and hand warmers are a very welcome addition too!

• This is a striking blanket, Karen!! LOVE the combination of variegated with the solid black stripes...really makes it pop!!....and all those hats???....knitting in your sleep again, I see.  :))

This reply was deleted.