Welcome to the Blanket Room for 2020.

We hope you will enjoy the variety of squares/blankets/designs 

that will be featured throughout this year.

If you spy some squares or even a blanket or two that you have crafted

please do let us know.

There's nothing like a group celebration.  :))

We rejoice in your talents and generosity.  

Here's a little taster of what you might see....

So, please keep your eyes peeled for your wonderful crafting and know that each and every square or blanket you create, is much needed and much appreciated.

Praise and many thanks to our sewing team who take our individual crafting, mix and match squares and sew these beautiful blankets together.

Views: 3710

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Bev!! 

Although I STILL have some entries to make in the 2019 Blanket Room collection, I am anxious to get started on posting the first pics of the first opening day, at the KAS Barn for 2020........so here goes....

WOW Bev, you've got us off to a great start with these beauties! Thank you.  So many beautiful squares to make up each child's blanket.  Gorgeous grannies, stripes, pictures, PJs ... the list goes on.  I just love that little mouse nestled into the centre of #6 ... xo

Thank you for posting this selection.   I see some of my squares - always a thrill ❤️

a lovely start to the New year. Definitely loving all those beautiful granny square blankets.

Thank you Bev for posting photos of the lovely blankets.  Great way to start 2020.
Pleased to see the one created by Anneke and myself, though it has been credited to Melinda Reed, NYC .     And it is showing the back side.  Good thing we always sew in the ends!
Here is the front of the blanket as well as the link to the backstory about how Anneke and I managed to create a blanket when we are an ocean apart.

LINK

Beautiful blanket and a lovely story of its creation :)   I'm sure the child who is lucky enough to have received this will be warmed by the squares made with love.  Aren't KAS sisters just the best!  xo

Huge apologies Linda. I was pretty positive it was the one that yourself and Anneke had created together and was going to try and find it on yours or Anneke's page, but at the time I was in the town library (downloading these pics) with my grandson who kept saying 'Hey Gran look at this, look at that' and I thought when I have returned him to his parents, I'll hunt down the pic and if I'm right, I'll write a correction. Memory of a goldfish...I completely forgot!!

BEAUTIFUL blankets, each and every one...and great to see some names that I don't see here very often or that I haven't seen before.....always a lovely surprise.  :)) 

Thank you Bev, I was reading names as I went down the pictures, + feel the same - a few different folk doing completed works.   Great!

Bev, thank you for posting these pics.  It's wonderful inspiration to see so much beauty in one place :)  I love the blankets with the special centrepieces ... butterfly, fox, hedgehog, heart ... and the circles in the squares, the stripes, the grannies, pretty PJs ... the list goes on!  How fortunate we are to have so many excellent crafters sharing their talents with the children ... xo 

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2020

SHOP

NEW!
KAS Colouring Book

Featuring 3 original illustrations by South African artists

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2020 Squares List is available.

Visit the

2020 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2020 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2020

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

PATTERN OF THE MONTH

Free Patterns for

Chain Stitch Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns from

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2020   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service