AUGUST 2022 - KAS SNIPPETS

AUGUST DISTRIBUTIONS

Christmas was a little earlier this year as Wandi, Themba

and company made several distributions.

Please visit this discussion for all the photos.

GIVE ME A HUG

We have had a very busy Monthly Theme going on this August.

We have enjoyed hearts, teddies and lots of nature.

Visit this discussion hosted by Marion, and feel the love. 

BLANKET ROOM

The Barn was closed for one week in August due to a National Holiday.  Even with that turn of events the Blanket Cake grew and grew.  

There are lots of blankets to delight your eyes in this discussion.

HAND-WARMER CHALLENGE

In July, Estelle let us know that The Barn was completely out of Hand-Warmers for any distributions. 

Hence we started the Hand-Warmer Challenge.  We are trying to get 500 posts for hand-warmers in this discussion to rebuild the inventory.  KAS tries to distribute 5,000 blankets every years, and they try to have hand-warmers for every blanket.  

JUNE SQUARE LIST

The JUNE Squares List is available.

Monthly totals:

During June we recorded 146 parcels containing 9.466 squares, equal to 270 blankets!

Many other items were received, such as hats, hand-warmers, cuddly toys and other goodies.

~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE NOTE that there are still worldwide postal problems,

so maybe your parcel(s) has/have not arrived yet.

~~~~~~A HEARTFELT THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS~~~~~~~

THE BARN

The Barn has been receiving post once again, and some of that post has been traveling for over 12 months.  I know hard to believe.  The shelves are filling up even though there was a holiday in August.

Read all of Estelle's reports in this discussion.

KAS SHOP

Children are returning to school and the KAS Shop has Flashcard and Coloring books for digital purchase.

All proceeds benefit the ongoing operations in South Africa.

WELCOME

This month our new members come from Sweden and the USA.

Louise Donbrosky

Chloe Boswell

Eva Messina

SEPTEMBER THEME

NATURE'S BEAUTY

The wonders of the four seasons, will be hosted by Karen Gordon.  We want to see colors, flora, Spring babies and so much more in September, we the world transitions into Spring or Autumn. 

Color of the Month - Green.  

KAS BARN CELEBRATES 7 YEARS

Visit this discussion to share the excitement of moving into a brand new space with lots of room for receiving post, sorting and laughter.

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Amy, what a fabulous catch-up this is for me.  THANK YOU!!  I wasn't aware of the handwarmer shortage and challenge - a super idea.

Thank you, too, for clarification on the single tail vs double tail dilemma that seems to have been floating around for a while (in my world, anyway :)  I will definitely pass that along.

7 years in the KAS Barn ... WOW!  Time certainly does fly.  I often think of the first little shoulders that received the warmth of a KAS blanket - from Ronda's lounge.  Hmmmm ... wonder where they are now ... xo

• Fabulous Snippets thank you Amy, once again you managed to cover everything that’s going on. 

This reply was deleted.