Old MacDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O

And on that farm he had a 

Cow, Sheep, Pig Horse, Dog, Chicken, Duck and Rabbit.........

And on that farm he grew some

Corn, Apples, Carrots, Cabbages, Strawberries, Watermelons.........

And on that farm he used some

Tractors, Wagons, Scarecrows, Fields.........  

E-I-E-I-O!!  

Hold on – who is this coming through the farm gate?

Created just for Knit-a-square by our own Andrea Palmatier, the unique AFRICAN ANIMAL Flashcards celebrate the diversity of wildlife in Africa. Most children can identify lions, giraffes and zebras, but may not know an Aardvark or some of the other unusual African creatures. You may not know them either for that matter!  

I am so excited to host my first ever monthly theme and cannot wait to see what you add to Old MacDonald's Farm.

Thanks to all whose lovely images I have used to start this theme..... There were many of you and I hope you like seeing your work again!

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What are you all talking about???    Must be WELL before my time... Ha ha ha!!!

• Your time will come soon enough, Karen. Just let us oldies enjoy our reminiscences!

• Hahaha...oh to be sooooo young, you cheeky thing.  :))

• August 2019 Theme - The Farm

Finally got around to sewing on the last of the appliques......

To celebrate (haha), I include a link to this song I have been singing in my head, while sewing on the ducks...fun memory from my childhood.  :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDl60-5nroU

• This is just lovely - and I do remember that song and the singer........  For some reason it set me off with Little White Bull as well..........  Click for song

• Yes, it did the same for me Rebecca!

• Thank you Rebecca...I remember The Little White Bull and enjoyed listening to it again (for the first time in forever) SO much.  :))

• Delightful squares, Bev!! You have created a magical farm . Love the kangaroo and the song. Many thanks. 

• I'd completely forgotten that song! Chris, did you used to listen to Two Way Family Favourites on the radio on Sunday mornings? That's where I remember a lot of those sort of songs were played. (Karen, I assume you're too young for that!).

Gorgeous appliques Bev - mustn't forget what we're actually focusing on!

• Yes Patricia! During the week we loved  ‘Watch with Mother’ on the TV (when eventually we had one). My brother and I didn’t sit on a sofa or chair, we sat cross legged on the floor, ready for any action songs....... and also to get closer to the TV :))

This reply was deleted.