Happy August, everyone!

This is the one month in the year when I can take some time to breathe and relax - and do LOADS of knitting and crocheting!

It also means I am able to host a theme and spend a bit more time on the forum.

The KAS pattern book has a good selection of knitted and crocheted squares with different patterns and textures, for a starter. The wider Internet is alive with a rich variety of choices, if, like me you have a little more time this month and want to try some thing new.

So this is the month to rake through your stash and find all those weird bits and bobs of eyelash, fuzzy and pom-pom yarns that you never know what to do with!

Of course, this will then create space to buy some lovely new yarns...

Hopefully, that's whetted your appetite and got your creative juices flowing!

Let's see how many people are brave enough to try out at least ONE new stitch or technique this month.

As you upload your photos onto the main site, I will add them to our photo album for the month, which you can view here:

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/august-2017-theme-terri...

Happy creating!

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• August 2017 Theme - Terrific to Touch

FINALLY....after many setbacks (including frogging a strip of four squares because I thought I'd dropped a stitch in the fun fur 'somewhere', only to find for some reason I had cast on one less stitch in that strip!) I have finished!!!

THANK YOU Heather for hosting this theme....lots of lovely colours, patterns and textures from our talented members will soon be winging their way to SA.  :))

• Wow - fabulous creation, Bev! Well done for persevering with the fuzzy stuff to produce such lovely squares! I love the purple and turquoise together. This will be one very happy child!
    • Bev, this is beautiful.   I love the colors and the texture will be so comforting.   Definitely worth the struggles that you had.   I applaud your determination to finish it and make some lucky child so happy.

• A beautiful and 'fun' blanket, Bev - and I can sympathise with your frogging!

• Thanks Lesley. I also ended up having to undo two seams to fix a hole in one of the fun fur squares that I didn't notice 'til I was crocheting the edge round the blanket. No more' fun fur' for me for a very very long time....lol.

• A late arrival to the theme Texture through stitches.

IMG_0608.JPG

• Here is Diana's hat:

2965439111?profile=RESIZE_480x480

Diana, this is so lovely!  So soft looking and the perfect colors for fall.  Well done ... xo

• Another gorgeous hat, Diana - many thanks! 

• Much appreciated, Gloria. I had difficulties uploading the picture from my iPad? I might going to need your help when I finish the hand warmers . Just kidding . I'll try again.
  • I decided to make another square using the swing needle technique.  Bev seemed to think that my pattern would look better in pink ... LOL

Well ... I wanted to try the same pattern (K3, P2) in two colors so I chose pink and purple.  I hope you don't mind, Bev  :)) xo

2930365109?profile=RESIZE_480x480

This reply was deleted.