APRIL THEME : EAT A RAINBOW

With special attention to fruit and veggies.

Just imagine all the fruit and vegetables in rainbow colours

The luscious red of ripe juicy tomatoes or sweet strawberries.

The orange tangerines and manderines and carrots

The yellow of lemons , bananas

The green of apples and pears and cucumbers

The pale blue of blue pumpkins ( yes, they really do exist )

The darkblue of blueberries

and finally the deep violet of grapes and figs and egg plant

Some people say that there really aren't any true blue fruit or vegetables, but the sky that watches over our gardens is blue .

Use the colour wheel, your imagination or whatever source you please to create a riot of colourful squares.

There are not so many patterns with fruit and vegetables outside the apple, orange and lemon slice appliqués. Here are a few ideas to provide inspiration.

Red apple square

bunch of grapes                                  

cherries

carrot

Enjoy yourselves, be colourful and remember you have the rainbow, the fruit, and the veggies, but there also all the flowers that surround the vegetable plot to keep the insects away. In fact any colour is welcome as long as it’s brightand cheerful.

Please remember that you can help provide fruit and a nutritious snack for the children by visiting the KASstore.

Don’t forget the PJ’s !

and the pattern of the month which is the mitre square. The pattern can be found in the KAS Pattern Book on theSquare Circle Forum.

Please don't forget to post photos of your mouthwatering squares here, so that they can be added to the album for the month.

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/april-theme-2017

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/april-theme-2017-album-2

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 2886807564?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024Finished at last! I seem to get later every month! Maybe I should jump straight to June's theme and get ahead... 

I've enjoyed these lovely bright colours. My friend, Debbie, has made a few of these squares to help me along but some ended up 10" so I've upsized them and turned them into large corners. 

• This is so beautiful. It was well worth the wait. It will definitely help to cheer up some child's life as it's so gay and bright.

• An absolutely stunning blanket, Heather....a great team effort between yourself and Debbie. Those diagonals through the middle are just gorgeous!!!!!!

• Oh Heather, this is beautiful!  It was well worth the wait :))) Your corner squares are just perfect and I love those diagonals.  I'm sure the child who receives this will be absolutely delighted with it :))) xo

• My attempt at recreating sweetcorn! Not sure if a child will recognise this, but at least it's interesting to touch! 

2886804421?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Just checking back to make sure I didn't miss any and SOooo glad I did. This is magnificent ear of corn curnels in husk. It will be a learning moment for the child that gets this square and their playmates to ask what is that. How great is that! 

• Heather, you have made some really bright, beautiful and fun squares for this month's theme :))

• Knew it was corn the second I saw it, Heather...wow, but you're clever!!!! LOVE it.  :))

• This is a fun square. I love textured squares and this is a beauty.

• Just wanted to say one last Thank You to Valerie for hosting this fun and colorful month.   All the squares, blankets, handwarmers have been very tempting and tasty ... topped off by these beautiful corner squares that Heather has been showing.   So colorful, so creative.   YUM all around.

This reply was deleted.