Yay! A theme I can certainly relate to.........image.png
While many people were learning new skills during lockdown, I was discovering new sweet treats......not cooking them, just eating them. Some of which I will share this month, along with my other favourites.

Many of my most favourite memories of my mother's cooking involve 'sweet treats'.  Melting moments, coconut jam drops, lemon pudding, six inch tall, double sponges filled with cream and dusted on top with icing sugar and strawberry jelly cakes.  I remember the first marble cake; being so intrigued by the marbled chocolate, pink and vanilla  all in one cake....I thought my mother was a magician...how could she get all the colours to appear like that???..

On the rare occasion when I went grocery shopping with my Mum and Grandma, I was allowed to buy one or two lollies. I usually chose two green  frogs (not the red ones...haha). I could get two for 8 cents, in those days

Today, there is such a wide variety of  sweet treats....and doesn't everything taste better, when covered in chocolate?...haha
Please join me this month in sharing some faves, both old and new.
Cadbury Dairy Milk engages Bulletproof for 'marvellous' chocolate bar launch | The Drum
Our colour of the month (CoM) is black. Some may say that this is rather boring or a non-colour, but I think black makes the pastels pop, the brights pop and the stripes positively sparkle.  :))

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry Bev, a little late for this theme, Turkish Delight square

8950142283?profile=RESIZE_710x

• This is ideal!    A superb interpretation + such a sweet toy.     Did you buy the bar especially or are you a regular fan?    I just found some lemon Turkish delight recently which my Mam said was nice, but not as nice as the original.  

• NEVER too late for Turkish Delight, Diane....A GREAT interpretation....had been on my to-do list..but abandoned.  :))

SUPER cute friend to accompany your square...he looks so soft and snuggly.  :))

• Started knitting these squares over two weeks ago...oh well....

April 2021 Theme - Sweet Treats

Two lollipops.
    When I finished sewing the pic on the left square I asked hubby what he thought it was....he said 'a butterfly'. Told him what the theme was and asked him to think again...he said 'a butterfly looking for a lollipop'. I was puzzled as to where he got the butterfly idea from, until I realized he thought the bow and stick looked like a butterfly.....hahaha.

Here's an oldie but a goodie...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw0qIyZMtH8

• Oh what fun Bev!!   I've learnt not to run by knits by family as the boys tease me something rotten + enjoy poking fun at my wool-work.     Love these vibrant colours ❤️

• A BEAUTIFUL Chocolate/Vanilla blanket from Susanne Leverton.

8911505298?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Also from Susanne, some GORGEOUS, vibrant squares featuring the CoM.....

8911509068?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Oh, Bev, I had so many ideas for this theme, and then life interfered and this meager set is all that got accomplished.  (But at least one pink one might help???)

8910400660?profile=RESIZE_710x

I have thoroughly enjoyed all the delicious things that were made during the month, and so enjoyed learning about the sweet treats that were made.

But, here it is, already one-third of the way through the next month, and I have only finished last month!   I think that does not bode well for the May theme.

So glad that others are still producing such lovely things to warm the children.   Thank you everyone for the great ideas and photos, and for the hard-working moderators.    Warm hugs to all.

• Sharon, as always, your squares are perfection!  The dark ones look very elegant, and somehow I feel all will be forgiven once Bev sees that centre one ... hehehe ... xo

• Thank you, Sharon, for these three BEAUTIES!! Pink is always a 'forgiving' colour for me.....and the COM squares are spot on!!

I am still finishing off some squares for March and April. I had sooo many plans for April, too, but family commitments stopped them....pity it didn't stop all the sweet/lolly buying I had indulged in, to get me in the mood.....hahaha.

This reply was deleted.