Replies

• POINSETTIA HELP PLEASE!!!

2965382416?profile=RESIZE_320x320

My darling hubby bought me this gorgeous plant and presented it to me a few days before Christmas.  I'm not sure why he did this, though.  Was it because he knows how much I love these plants?  Was it because it added just the right Christmas touch to my table?  Was it because he knew I would absolutely LOVE it?  Or was it because he enjoys watching me frown and scratch my head every time I clean up a pile of it's wilted and dropped leaves, and eventually watch it die????  hahaha

Can anyone help me?  I can never keep a poinsettia much longer than the end of January.  Once I nursed one along until almost March, but that was very unusual.  Is this normal?  Is this a plant that dies every year after the Christmas celebrations?  I keep the soil slightly moist (I've over-watered them in the past).  I never let it dry out (I tried that too and it didn't work).  Already this beauty has left me gifts below the pot, and spread profusely on top of the soil.

2965382529?profile=RESIZE_320x320

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

• http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/poinsettia/poins...

Dear Glo, the most important thing is that you have to avoid letting the plant sit in water-filled saucers, which can lead to root rot.

Have a wonderful time, Hugs Anneke

• Thank you so much for this, Anneke!  I have removed the pretty red foil from around the plant pot so the water will drain.  I have also placed a trivet in the saucer to place the plant on so it won't sit in water.  I have printed off the 'instructions' you guided me to so that hopefully I will be able to enjoy my poinsettia for quite a while :)) xo

• As a family , we have really stopped Christmas gifts , the children still get presents but following our family growing so much and everyone leading such busy lives. Our Christmas is all about having time together, having a great meal (cooked by my wonderful brother in law ) and lots of giggles. With everyone from 2years old to 90 joining in. Even the little ones are more excited about the games and seeing family than the presents, which is a blessing . But I must share the gifts I got for Christmas,from friends 8 balls if yarn . 4 big bars of chocolates , 2 bottles of gin :))) People know me so well Lol ... Still waiting for the partridge in a pear tree ... But there is still some Christmas time to go. Hoping every had a lovely day and looking forward to the New Year . Now to start the Boxing Day with the family xox
  • I have enjoyed reading, laughing and sharing the festive fun in this discussion, thanks to you all for your welcomed contributions. I wish you all a Happy Christmas and a Peaceful New Year.
    • I agree Chris I have had so much fun being part of the Christmas discussions not to mention my reindeer name!
      This evening we have had a local band playing carols outside our village hall. Hot punch and mince pies were served by Santa's helpers one was named Louise Tidman we even were showered in snow between the carols it was a super evening.
      Wishing a healthy and happy New Year to all my KAS sisters xxx
      • Merry Christmas and a very Happy & Healthy 2017 to ALL !!!

Best regards,
        diana

• Thank you everyone for making the lead up to Christmas a happy one.....all your photos, stories, songs  and the cute little 'name game' provided a light relief and lots of giggles in an otherwise manic time. I was still finishing off knitted coathangers @ 10am Christmas morning and wrapping pressies until noon.....thankfully we didn't have to be at my son's house until 2ish.....lol. I hope I live to see the Christmas where I am organised and ready AHEAD of time.....lol.

I hope you all enjoyed a merry and peaceful Christmas in your own special way and that the New Year brings good health and much happiness to you all.  xoxo

• Just dropping by to wish everyone a wonderful and peaceful Christmas full of joy and love.

I've only been a member of the forum for less than a year but I would like to thank everyone for making me feel so at home and such a part of the KAS family. I am always amazed and touched by the creativity and generosity of each and every one of you. Here's to 2017, may it be a year full of love and happiness and the continuation of the wonderful work of KAS.

May God bless you all,

Helen xx

• 2965382552?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

This reply was deleted.