A Little 'Big Day Out'

Unfortunately, Louise Tidman and I are unable to attend Heather's KAS UK Big Day Out on the 18th July, and decided that the next best thing  would be for us to meet up, for our own little 'Big Day Out'. I was so excited, that Louise was willing to to drive to visit me, and that Jude, a prolific crocheter and support to Louise in their amazing work for KAS in Wiltshire, would be joining us!

It has rained all day, but it didn't dampen the joy in our meeting at all! After a cuppa and chat at my home, and a soggy walk in the garden, we went to Cowbridge, a market town near my home, had lunch and another chat...... and found that we had so much in common, and I learned more anout the wonderful KAS work that Louise organizes in her village. It sounded to me that the yarn, squares and many other goodies for KAS, takes over her home inbetween the large shipments that she arranges!

It felt like a small world, when I realised that Jude's sister in Cardiff, had been one of my nursing colleagues for years!

Like true KASers, we had to check out the local charity shops, and bargains were found by both Louise and Jude. The yarn shop was closed, but it meant there were more pennies to spend at another 'bargain shop' we visited on the outskirts of another nearby town. Louise is able to send so many diiferent items for the children in her boxes (not through the royal mail, or courier as Ronda would have to pay charges). So lots of lovely items were purchased for the children to enjoy and I was able to buy a few goodies for their next shipment.

We then returned to my home for a cuppa and cakes, and another chat before my lesson from Louise and Jude on how to make a granny square and snowflake, and a mini lesson from me on a crocheted PJ!

The day went so quickly, but it was wonderful to spend time with KAS sisters who are kindred spirits!

We hope to meet again! 

360965DA-8B09-49D4-8F7F-1D9A9499BDCC.JPG

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you, Christine, for sharing this wonderful day with us!  Hello Louise and Jude!  It really is a small world after all :))   And I love the tee shirts!!!  xo

• It's so nice to see what you ladies look like. You're all even lovelier than I imagined. :-)

Sounds like you had a great day. You sure crammed a lot into your time together!

• Only just got around to finding this discussion - have loved reading all the comments and looking at all the photos. What a wonderful day you all had!

I'm still flushed with excitement from today's 'BIg Day Out', which was really successful - news and pics to be posted soon. Christine, we found as you did, that our love for KAS brings completely random people together and the chat never stops!

So glad you had such a wonderful day! I hope that we'll all be able to get together another time soon.

• I can hardly wait to see the pics Heather! :D No pressure of course, hahaha.  And don't let it stop you knitting and crocheting of course. (wink wink)

• Christine, it is really great you were able to meet up and thanks for sharing with us. It is nice to see your faces, tidy house and garden. Imagine, Wales is far away from my country but in my garden there are the same shrubs -Hydrangeas- blooming now.

• Thank you so much for sharing your "little big day out" with us. I can imgaine you had a wonderful time! When you are with KAS sisters rain doesn't matter!  

• Christine, what a great idea!  So wonderful to see you all.  But I have to admit that you are having rainy weather.

• Lovely ladies ! But of course you are KAS sisters! You must have had a wonderful time, my idea of a fun day too, shopping and taking tea and chats.

• What a fab get-together.....and its sooooo lovely to 'see' you all. Thank you for sharing your special time with us.   :)) 

• It is really great you were able meet up, so sorry you can't make Saturday , perhaps another one can be arranged so we can all meet. Looks like you had a lovely day .
This reply was deleted.