35 SQUARES MAKE A BLANKET

FUNDRAISING IDEA

Recently a booklet of knitting patterns for 8" squares became available for FREE download in our KAS Shop.

I am challenging myself to make one of every pattern by 2022 (17 weeks away!).    Many of the 35 designs are new to me and may prove difficult to accomplish, but I will give them all a good go!!

To benefit KAS through my challenge I would appreciate US$ sponsorship per different pattern square, or as nominated US$  pledge for my total effort.

Wish me luck!  

(Money to be submitted in January please)

http://www.forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/35-squares-make-a-b...

Views: 5078

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My Mam has joined the sponsorship adding another $1 to the amount per different square.   The cash is mounting and I'm so happy ✔️!

Karen, what a fabulous idea this is!  And you're off and running with such generous pledges.  This is exactly the type of fundraiser that Anne Powell would have loved.  So in memory of my very dear friend, I will join the fun and pledge $1 for each different square ... xo

Thank you very much Gloria - I'm at $16 per different square design + anonymous matcher,  so all is looking very positive!     Funny, I did think of Anne being well into this sort of challenge - I will try to do her proud.    The square designs all have ace names, shame there isn't a one called Anne... .. ❤️

How sweet, Karen.  Perhaps we should try to design an "Anne" square.  She did both knit and crochet, but she was much more comfortable with crochet.  Her go-to square was the chain stitch square ... xo

How about you make Square 36, in yellow, in crochet chain stitch when I'm done my 35??  I'll add cash to the pot if you do...... . Pretty please....

Oh yes, Karen, I would love to do that!  It won't be for a while yet, but I will make a special "Anne" square just as soon as I can.  Stay tuned ... ... xo

Yep, deal on between you + me only -  I'll donate $10 for your square in January Gloria - the icing on my cake, Kxx

Awwww ... thanks, Karen.  I'll try really hard to make it worth your money  ❤

Oh, Karen and Gloria, you two are just so clever.   And what a great tribute to Anne.   I'm in to support you 36th square, too.

SQUARE 3

THE IRISH SQUARE

UK DK wool

Size 3.75 mm needles

46 sts x 32 patterns

19 grams

I am in. Not with knitting.....

but as a $-sponsor.

That's excellent Anneke Thank You X.   There's just me doing the knitting with the exception of Gloria crocheting the final yellow square and naming it "The Anne Square".   The current sponsorship per different design number now stands at $18 + the anonymous member who is pledge matching. ❤️

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

DECEMBER

Color Of The Month RED

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service