35 SQUARES MAKE A BLANKET

FUNDRAISING IDEA

Recently a booklet of knitting patterns for 8" squares became available for FREE download in our KAS Shop.

I am challenging myself to make one of every pattern by 2022 (17 weeks away!).    Many of the 35 designs are new to me and may prove difficult to accomplish, but I will give them all a good go!!

To benefit KAS through my challenge I would appreciate US$ sponsorship per different pattern square, or as nominated US$  pledge for my total effort.

Wish me luck!  

(Money to be submitted in January please)

http://www.forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/35-squares-make-a-b...

Views: 5026

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That’s absolutely amazing Karen that’s about 16,245 SA Rands which is a fortune for KAS. WELL DONE and THANK YOU and all your sponsors. 

Karen, your perseverance has paid off in a big way.  Thank you to you ... and to all our generous KASers for their support.  That is an impressive total ... xo

What an amazing job Karen.  Congratulations for a job well done.

Wow, look at all those funds you have raised for KAS...I am off to send in my pledge.

Thanks ever so much Amy!    The balance raised is going up and up, Kx ✔️

More $ have been added and the total paid has now reached     $1363US.

Thanks for the reminder -- pledge has been sent. Thanks also for your lovely hard work!

Thank you very much indeed ❤️

New total =. 1468USD

Karen I’ve been away and can’t believe how the total has risen. You have done a thoughtful and  caring project…you must be dreaming knitting needles and stitches. Many many thanks from all of us at the barn. 

Karen, I hope you will bask in the glow of your phenomenal accomplishment for a long time :)  I'm still looking at first base ... from the bleachers ... haha  I will try some of the patterns you made and am planning to make use of the side notes you shared for each square.  Thank you so much!   xo

Thank you.  I pondered about leaving comments with each square, so just made note of the technical issues I had.   My years of experience made me see them differently than anyone challenging themselves with less knowledge under their belt so to speak.

As one or 2 turned out a little scrappy I may reattempt some + present better versions of them in the future ❤️

1500USD

Well done Karen! What a great boost for KAS's finances.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The AUGUST 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

SEPTEMBER

Color Of The Month GREEN

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service