35 SQUARES MAKE A BLANKET

FUNDRAISING IDEA

Recently a booklet of knitting patterns for 8" squares became available for FREE download in our KAS Shop.

I am challenging myself to make one of every pattern by 2022 (17 weeks away!).    Many of the 35 designs are new to me and may prove difficult to accomplish, but I will give them all a good go!!

To benefit KAS through my challenge I would appreciate US$ sponsorship per different pattern square, or as nominated US$  pledge for my total effort.

Wish me luck!  

(Money to be submitted in January please)

http://www.forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/35-squares-make-a-b...

Views: 4948

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cheers Chris -  I've been Google-ing like mad for a couple coming up, but have gained confidence by researching a few daunting ones coming up -  now it's just a matter of ME concentrating time to achieve most of the rest -  fingers crossed.   Thanks for your support ❤️

Sorry folks, something has come up and I'll not get to the last of these squares for around 10 days or so...... Please bear with me.   I apologise for the delay in me finishing these off in the time frame I had hoped X

My dear Karen, there is no need for apologies.  You have done amazingly well to get as far as you have.  Some of those patterns are no easy feat!!

I have pledged per square and that stands ... no matter when they get completed ... no time limit.  I suspect others who have pledged in support feel the same so no worries and, as our lovely Bev would say, no pressure! ... xo

Karen, I’m of the same opinion as Glo, my pledge is per square, time scale doesn’t matter at all, absolutely no pressure! x

Yep, I agree with Gloria and Chris.   I have pledged per square, and it matters not when those squares get done or where the patterns come from.   

You have done incredible work with the ones that are finished, and we know all the others will come up to that standard.  The result will be worth it, and one more warm child will be so happy.

No problem Karen, as everyone else has said I pledged you $1 per square and I don't mind at all how long you need to finish them. It is a big undertaking and you have done well.

Take your time, kiddo, I know how precious 'me time' is and how scarce it is. No pressure.  :))

No hurry-worry Karen! You do so much, take your time. xo

One of my favourite patterns has been No.9, The Raspberry Square, so I thought I'd give it a try. I used Aran yarn and no.7 needles and found the tension was right for me. The texture of this square is gorgeous - I love it!

Love the colour of this square Patricia. Coincidentally I have just done this pattern too!

Sooo pretty in this colour, Patricia. I think I did this one, too, only in a bright yellow and I think yours shows the pattern much better.  :))

Patricia what a fantastic square!   The stitch is really pretty.   I'm so chuffed you made it X

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2021

SQUARES LIST

The MAY 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

JULY

Color Of The Month ORANGE

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service