2022 DISTRIBUTIONS - JULY THROUGH SEPTEMBER THIRD QUARTER

July through September are the coldest months in South Africa as winter temperatures are the lowest.  

This discussion will capture the many distributions that take place in the Third Quarter.  There is a Mass Distribution in honour of Mandela Day and one for celebrating Christmas in July.

Views: 1184

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This creche is a State sponsors facility, that being said they are still waiting for items to be sent to them to keep the children safe.

Here are some interior and exterior photos from around the creche.

Area where breakfast is prepared.

Student cubbies.

Check in area.

This is an area where the children will nap.  That is water seepage damage on the right.

This creche is lucky to have running water and toilets.

The slide and swing set outside.

Views from the KAS Van as the KAS team approached the creche in Protea, Soweto.

Last set of photos...be warned there maybe duplicates in this batch.

Estelle was a trooper.  She was in the back of the KAS Van on the way to the distribution...

She has yet to settle herself in her deluxe beanbag chair.

On the return trip she moved up to Business Class...

Remember we had four team member on this distribution.  Themba, driver, Wandi, Ronda and Estelle.  

Many thanks to all of you for the great show of love and compassion, and bringing the joy right into our home across land and sea.

Thank you for these wonderful reports. The next best thing to being there ourselves.

Our team of volunteers spoil us with distribution reports.  

My goodness how clean and tidy ✔️

Estelle and Mandy made another distribution on July 25.

Here is their report from Fandise Informal Settlement in Soweto

This morning Amanda Kight and I, with the help of Paulina and Pastor Jonathan of the Rhema Gospel Outreach, distributed 100 blanket sets at the Fandise Informal Settlement.
We recognize blankets and squares from Judith Rose, Chris Chiplen, Cathy Riley, Gloria G, Sharon B, Sally Patterson, Jill Lea, Michelle Babcock's family, and  Theresa, Melanie from the Misfits.
If you see your blanket or some of your squares, please let us know below.
Thank you Lizzy Mabena for introducing us to this extremely needy community.
The veggie gardens behind the church - to be used by the community- were created by the Douglasdale SOUTH AFRICAN POLICE SERVICES and COMMUNITY POLICE FORUMS. CULTERRA donated compost, plants and trees for the park.
A very big thanks to everyone who took photographs and supplied beautiful blankets and squares.

oh my ! I see blankets that recently have been in the blanket room  - how quickly you have been getting them out. Delighted to say TWO completed blankets on their way to you from Scotland which I hope will arrive during the winter months. 

Yes, our squares and blankets do not sit in The Barn for very long.

Can't wait to see you blankets in The Barn, soon.

Here are more photos from the distribution on July 25.  They will be in small groups

From Estelle...

The beautiful blankets and colours in dusty dry Fandisi brought joy and warmth to the preschool children in the community. This has been made possible by our world wide KNIT A SQUARE supporters and donors.

Every square knitted or crocheted that we receive is used to make these beautiful blankets.

Wow! Between pages one through three I believe I counted 13 blankets that Kathy and I knitted. It’s so wonderful to see the children decked out! Thank you to all the hardworking volunteers.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The AUGUST 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

SEPTEMBER

Color Of The Month GREEN

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service