This discussion will focus on Distributions made between April and June 2022.  Autumn has crept upon South Africa and the temperatures are dropping.

Many thanks to our volunteers for sharing touching stories and photos.

Views: 2125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

KAS is such a community in so many ways.

More photos from Estelle....there maybe some duplicates.

Sheldon Bolle and I loved the way these dear little children lined up for their blankets...so well behaved and grateful. Once again thank you KNIT A SQUARE and all of our creative supporters around the globe who make this possible.

Patiently waiting for the blankets, and goodies.

Sheldon asks, "This one?"

We think she wanted a different toy.  Sheldon is so gentle with the children and they love him.

This young boy was picked especially for this blanket as he has been going through a very difficult time.  A frog toy for a frog blanket.

Happy chaps delighted with their loot.

More fabulous squares from Mike our auditor.

Blanket from Sharon B.

Karen G's emojis.

Stunning gingham blanket from Patricia Underwood.

A lined warm blanket from Judith and Kathy.

Another stunning warm Cath Riley. for him to snuggle into tonight.

A beautiful blanket joined by Liz Gyldenhuis… I spy some of Elaine Joubert’s squares.

Mama loved your blanket for her baby Judith.

Warm and snuggly blanket from Judith and Kathy for this little chap.

The most heartbreaking part of a distribution.  There are never enough blankets for all the children.

Hugs for Lizzy.

So so many recognisable pieces among these.   Thank you - I smiled at seeing my emoji appliques.   It has incentivised me to get some more....!

Oh, more excitement for me .... to see another one of my blankets in this distribution.   

There are so many wonderful, cheerful and bright blankets, that it just takes my breath away.

I hope the children enjoy them as much as I enjoy looking at them.   Great work by the South Africa team!

I'm so excited to see one of my blankets going to this very needy area.    The 6th up from the bottom is the blanket I made in the Knit-A-Long project.   I started late with that discussion, so decided to use up all my bulky yarns in order to make each square faster and finish on time.    Thanks to everyone who thought up that discussion, ran it, photographed it, and did the distribution.   It really does take a village.

Three more of my toys plus a blanket. Thank you Estelle and Sheldon.

Recently, Ana distributed 90 blankets to “One Small Act of Kindness” charity school. Thanks for the gorgeous photographs Ana- well done!

I see a lot of my jazzy hats which were mailed in the middle of February ✔️. Loads of terrific colour amongst these!

13th blanket down from the top has a considerable number of squares made by me and my mother. I've sent her a copy and she's thrilled that they have got through!

thank you so much for posting these beautiful photos!  so inspiring.  (love the fish and chip shop too!)  thank you for a window into the world of the children we can help even if we can't be there - we can still share.  Blessings to all the volunteers.

Here are some photos of the last distribution for this second quarter of 2022.  Wandi and Themba went to the Serogole Edu Care Centre in Tladi.

Please let us know if you see some of your work.  There are some very colorful blankets and cheerful beanies in these photos.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The JULY Squares List is delayed.

Our sincere apologies.

~~~~~~~~~~

The JUNE 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

AUGUST

Color Of The Month LAVENDER

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service